Based in St. Petersburg, Florida, the successful candidate will be a self-starter who likes to take responsibility and works best with little supervision. Likes to perform a variety of tasks and have the ability to handle multiple priorities and has previously performed in a similar position. This is a 'hands-on' role requiring a strong technical background and product validation experience.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Write test-plans, procedures & co-ordinate with validation group in China.
· Define, implement and verify system and/or sub-system level reliability performance.
· Perform In-House training and mentoring of a multi-discipline engineering staff.
· Development of reliability testing strategies including HALT, HASS, MTBF calc, Life cycle, ORT, etc.
· Analyze failure reports for use in refining product reliability models and driving engineering product improvements.
· Proficient in the following reliability engineering areas: Design for Reliability, Design for Test, HALT, HASS, ESS, Random Vibration, Shock Testing, Climatic Testing, Dynamics Testing, Accelerated Life Testing, FMEA, Life Cycle and ORT from a product level.
· In a team environment, the candidate should be willing to work in a team, provide technical guidance and advice to less-experienced team members, to be open-minded, and to be fluent in oral and written communication.
· May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
· Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry.
· Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
· Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
· Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
· Ability to operate a personal computer including using a Windows based operating system and related software.
· Advanced PC skills, including training and knowledge of Jabil’s software packages.
· Ability to write simple correspondence. Read and understand visual aid.
· Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out simple one- or two-step instructions.
· Ability to deal with standardized situations with only occasional or no variables.
· Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
· Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
· Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret graphs.
• May maintain the Product Requirements Document (PRD) for projects of medium to high complexity. Manages the verification process throughout the project to assure that all requirements are linked to test results. Creates a traceability matrix and communicates the progress of meeting requirements to the Project Manager and technical leads.
• Writes and maintains the Master Verification Test Plan for the product or system being qualified. Plans and maintains the work schedule for testing to meet required dates. Interfaces with Jabil labs and external labs as needed to meet project schedule.
• Writes clear and concise test cases that are linked to the Master Test Plan and cover the requirements in the PRD. Designs and assembles required test setups needed to execute test cases.
• Performs or oversees the testing of products and systems according to the written test cases.
• Writes thorough and descriptive reports with enough detail to allow the results to be easily understood and reproduced.
• Analyzes product and system failures and can determine and report root cause. Offers technical solutions to address root cause of failure.
• Has the capability to lead and facilitate the creation of the DFMEA for products and systems.
• Plans and executes process improvements within the local laboratory. This may involve value stream and process mapping, standardization of work, visual management, and running experiments to improve process outcomes as measured by operational metrics.
• Perform In-House training and mentoring of a multi-discipline engineering staff.
• Develops reliability testing strategies including HALT, HASS, MTBF calc, Life cycle, ORT, etc. for application across multiple projects.
• May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
• Approximately 5-15% Domestic and International travel will be required.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access Jabil.com/Careers site as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to Always_Accessible@Jabil.com or by calling 1.727.803.7515 with the nature of your request and contact information. Please do not direct any other general employment related questions to this e-mail or phone number. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address and/or phone number.