The Sr Accounting Assistant maintains the fixed assets ledger in SAP
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Maintains fixed assets ledger in SAP
o Reviews and Approves capital investment requests
o Creates assets and classifies them
o Runs monthly depreciation
o Reconciles assets purchases
· Sr. Accounting Assistant job duties in regards to payroll functions:
o Assist with timecard review/approvals
o Run weekly/monthly reports for Finance
o Submit timecards to Temp agencies
o Process invoices from Temp agencies
o Post month end journal entries for various payroll accruals and expenses
o Reconcile payroll balance sheet accounts monthly
· Sr. Accounting Assistant job duties in regards to accounts receivable:
o Manage billing cycle
o Process AR adjustment forms
o Apply payments
o Reconcile balance sheet accounts for bank and AR
o Submit cash forecast to Corporate
· Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
· Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
· Ability to operate a personal computer including using a Windows based operating system and related software.
· Advanced PC skills, including training and knowledge of Jabil’s software packages.
· Ability to write simple correspondence. Read and understand visual aid.
· Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out simple one_ or two_step instructions.
· Ability to deal with standardized situations with only occasional or no variables.
· Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
· Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
· Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret graphs
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
· High School diploma required. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
· Requires minimum 6 years accounting experience.
· Knowledge of some computer software such as Word and Excel.
· Or an equivalent combination of education, training or experience
If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access Jabil.com/Careers site as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to Always_Accessible@Jabil.com or by calling 1.727.803.7515 with the nature of your request and contact information. Please do not direct any other general employment related questions to this e-mail or phone number. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address and/or phone number.