Setup and operate manufacturing equipment in assigned area, Type of operation can be but not limited to cutting, drilling, milling, bending, deburring, chemical finishing, laser etching, assembly etc.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Use of various types of measuring instruments including numerous types of gages, micrometers, calipers, comparators, PH meters, conductivity meters, etc.
• Type of equipment can be but not limited to CNC or manual lathe, mills, grinders, finishing, and packaging equipment etc
• Completion of documentation as required by the process, inspection sheets and work instructions
• Perform preventive maintenance and 5S related tasks as it pertains to the assigned area including but not limited to maintaining coolant levels, emptying chip containers, etc.
• Follow appropriate safety practices in order to prevent accidents to self or others
• Follow all laws and policies as they apply to one's job and to maintain the highest levels of professionalism, ethics and compliance at all times
• Participate in and understand all compliance related activities pertaining to the job assignment
• Learn and understand lean initiatives (i.e. 5S, etc.).
• Must be able to engage with others in a positive and constructive manner that is conducive to good teamwork in a production environment
• Learn and retain process requirements and metrics in assigned area to meet safety, quality, compliance and production goals as well as training requirements
• Work during assigned shift schedule and meet associated attendance requirements to work extra hours when required by business needs
• Demonstrate consistency in results
• Follow process sheets, perform first piece inspections and in process quality checks
• Train other employees up to your competency level
MANAGEMENT & SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES
• Job is NOT directly responsible for managing other employees (e.g., hiring/termination and/or pay decisions, performance management).
• Basic written and verbal communication and basic computer skills
• General math skills
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
• High School diploma or equivalent
• Previous industrial or manufacturing experience in regulated industry preferred
• 0-2 years related experience
The anticipated hourly pay range for this role is $9.77 - $14.15 - $18.55. Job-related, non-discriminatory factors used to determine the actual offered rate include qualifications and experience, education (if requirement noted above), geographic location, external market data, and consideration of internal equity.
As part of the total rewards package, this position is eligible for a short-term incentive based on performance. In addition, Jabil offers benefits to enhance your health, wealth and resilient self. These include medical, dental, and vision insurance plans; 401(k) retirement plan and employee stock purpose plan; and paid time off.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access Jabil.com/Careers site as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to Always_Accessible@Jabil.com or by calling 1.727.803.7515 with the nature of your request and contact information. Please do not direct any other general employment related questions to this e-mail or phone number. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address and/or phone number.