Senior Planning Manager is the department head of the Planning function in a mega site, multiple sites, or region. The role is responsible of the continuous improvement of planning function to achieve the world class delivery performance with optimized inventory.
Senior Planning manager needs to build up and manage the planning organization with required capabilities
The job also requires a thorough understanding of the dynamics of- business needs and leverage solutions to provide best in class service to customer and support Jabil growth.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Aligning with operational senior management on the key objectives to focus
- Develop short term and long-term improvement work plan including cost, efficiency and quality to align with operation strategy
- Effectively communicate company strategy and collaborate with team members to prioritize continuous improvement project
- Size and budget appropriate planning team resources and define scope of responsibilities of the team to support current and future needs of the operation development
- Establish selection and hiring process to staff the planning team with right talent.
- Structure the planning team through proper tasks allocation and establish collaboration processes among SMEs and functional stakeholders
- Perform skill assessment to Planning team and gap analysis
- Deliver required training to make sure Planning team obtain required knowledge and skills to carry out the work
- SMART goal setting with team members and regular performance review
- Provide regular feedback and guidance to team members to help them discover how to deliver continuous improvement result through enhanced behavior
- Work with cross functional team members to develop solutions of continuous improvement project, update procedure documentation
- Monitor and report the improvement project progress with tangible and intangible benefit on regular basis.
- Act as a change agent to closely monitor the transformation process and manage the activities through multiple sections or departments
- May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned
- Ability to form and lead strong multi-functional teams to achieve company and customer (internal or external) objectives
- Experience managing multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to work under pressure and able to do conflict management
- Advanced PC skills including knowledge of Jabil's software packages
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization, strong communication skills.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume.
- Strong proficiency in determining logistics requirements to enable company’s business goals and objectives with ability to devise and implement strategy to achieve targets.
- Proficient Verbal and Written English Skill
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Typically requires a minimum 10 years of related functional hands on experience with a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Certification in specific functions preferred, such as APCIS Certification, etc.
- Certification in system preferred such as SAP or Kinaxis
- PMP Certification Preferred
- Lean Six Sigma Green Belt or Black Belt Preferred
Or an equivalent combination of education, training or experience
If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access Jabil.com/Careers site as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to Always_Accessible@Jabil.com or by calling 1.727.803.7515 with the nature of your request and contact information. Please do not direct any other general employment related questions to this e-mail or phone number. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address and/or phone number.