Responsible for developing and performing processes and procedures for the mechanical assembly, finishing, testing and inspection of manufactured goods. Typically requires a minimum 6- 10 years of experience in the field or in a related area. Must be familiar with a variety of the fields’ concepts, practices, and procedures. Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. May lead and direct the work of others. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected. Regular attendance is required to be successful in this position.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following (other duties may be assigned):
· Interpret engineering drawings and develop various processes.
· Define tooling, fixturing and material requirements.
· Develop inspection plans.
· Setup and operate equipment required to produce and inspect parts.
· Document assembly and finishing processes.
· Train personnel.
· Troubleshoot and correct assembly and finishing issues that may arise.
· Develop and deploy plans for continuous improvement.
· Regularly performs intricate removal of small quantities of metal and/or finish with hand or tool applicators to produce a proper fit between parts.
· Regularly performs advanced level mechanical assembly according to knowledge of unit being assembled or following blueprints.
· Regular/Advanced installation and/or fastening of parts together with using bolts, screws, rivets, or other fasteners.
· Regularly operates relevant equipment to assist in assembly operation.
· Regularly works in Class 1,000 and/or 10,000 clean room environments.
· Perform duties of lead person as directed by supervisor or manager.
· Good communication skills (verbal and written)
· Interface with customer to resolve assembly and finishing issues.
· Maintain current with industry standards, equipment and process improvements.
Minimum 6 years experience as a mechanical assembler. Must have extensive knowledge and ability in interpreting engineering drawings and developing assembly and finishing processes.
A high level of proficiency with various hardware, assembly materials and tools is a must. Extensive knowledge of mechanical instruments and inspection instruments is required.
Demonstrated ability to communicate clearly both verbally and written.
Demonstrated skills in MS Word and Excel required.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Vocational degree in related field; or 6 to 10 years related mechanical assembly experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read, analyze, comprehend and interpret written assembly instructions and blueprints. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers or members of the business community. Ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors.
Demonstrated ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals. Demonstrated ability to compute rates, ratios and percentages. Ability to draw and interpret bar graphs. Basic ability to apply mathematical operations to such tasks as frequency distribution, determination of test reliability and validity, analysis of variance, correlation techniques, sampling theory, and factor analysis.
Ability to define problems, collects data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables. Ability to interpret and implement procedural documentation.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk or hear; and taste or smell. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
Work will be performed in a machine shop environment. Employees are expected to observe safe working practices and wear appropriate protective equipment. Any unsafe working conditions or necessary modifications must be reported immediately. Any limitation an employee may have must be brought to the attention of their supervisor or the Human Relations (HR) department
If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access Jabil.com/Careers site as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to Always_Accessible@Jabil.com or by calling 1.727.803.7515 with the nature of your request and contact information. Please do not direct any other general employment related questions to this e-mail or phone number. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address and/or phone number.