This role supports manufacturing operations in the areas of process development, tool design, machine programming, machinery & equipment acquisition, manufacturing layout, continuous improvement and other duties associated with engineering support of production.
- Supports the needs of manufacturing areas in terms of meeting the requirements for quality standards and compliant documentation, capacity, product availability, and cost.
- Provides technical support in identifying continuous improvements to manufacturing operations and implementing new technologies including development of processes, researching current and emerging technologies and evaluating process quality, cost, capacity, and capability alternatives.
- Provides technical support regarding equipment design and development, testing of materials, preparation of specifications and operator instructions, process studies, investigations, root cause analysis, problem solving, and report or presentation preparation.
- Performs assignments designed to continue the development of professional work knowledge and abilities requiring application of standard engineering techniques, procedures, and criteria in carrying out a sequence of related engineering tasks, project management, statistical analysis, and presentation of data and technical writing.
ENGINEERING DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Leads engineering projects that are less complex, either technically or with a small cross-functional team. Leads and participates in projects including developing and executing to the plan and schedule and meeting the goals and objectives of the project. Tracks costs, prepares status reports, conducts meetings, and documents and communicates progress to management.
- Leads and participates in investigations, develops plans, and executes tasks to solve process problems including non-conformances (NC), complaint investigations, audit observations, and corrective and preventive actions (CAPA).
- Provides day to day support and direction to production such as, but not limited to, turning, milling, drilling, EDM, finishing, packaging, etc. as required.
- Writes and executes engineering studies and process validation protocols and summary reports (Installation Qualification, Operation Qualification, Performance Qualification, Computer Software Validation, and Test Method Validation).
- Identifies and implements process improvements for existing manufacturing processes utilizing appropriate engineering principles and standard strategies such as Lean and Six Sigma principles.
- Performs gage design, measurement system analysis, and gage implementation as required. Is able to use various types of measuring instruments including micrometers, calipers, comparators, tensile testers, coordinate measurement systems, etc. to support engineering testing.
- Develops fixtures and designs tools and has the ability to express and implement ideas with tool designers.
- Develops and implements manufacturing and inspection procedures.
- Supports new equipment acquisition efforts including user requirement specifications, machine selection, installation, validation, employee training, and other related equipment responsibilities as required.
- Participates in, and in some cases leads, cross-functional teams which may include, but are not limited to, Manufacturing Engineering, Production, Quality Assurance, Finance, and Product Development.
- Acts as a liaison to vendors with regard to contracted products, tools & fixtures, and their manufacture.
- Performs other related duties as required.
EDUCATIONAL & PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor of Science degree from accredited institution in Manufacturing Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Industrial Engineering, or a related degree.
- 2-4 years of experience in manufacturing and/or engineering is required.
- Experience interpreting and/or drafting engineering drawings is required.
- Previous experience working in a regulated industry, such as Medical Device, is preferred.
- Six Sigma or Lean certification or 2 years of experience is preferred.
- Experience using Computer Aided Design software is preferred.
- Demonstrates strong written, verbal, and presentation skills.
- Demonstrates strong computer skills, such as the use of Microsoft Office, Minitab, and databases.
- Demonstrates strong organizational and project management skills and is results oriented.
- Demonstrates positive interpersonal skills and professional interactions with coworkers.
- Demonstrates troubleshooting skills.
- Must be willing to support global projects including some travel.
- Must be willing to support all production shifts.
- Participates in and understands compliance related activities pertaining to the job assignment including compliance with the Quality System Regulation (QSR), Standard Operating Procedures (SOP), and applicable Work Instructions.
- Follows all laws and policies as they apply to one’s job and maintains the highest levels of professionalism, ethics, and compliance at all times.
- Supports and operates in a proactive safety environment.
- Works in conditions that may be hot, cold, wet, and/or noisy along with exposure to fumes, oil, coolants, and other manufacturing related chemicals.
The anticipated pay range for this role is $51,348 - $74,369 - $97,497. Job-related, non-discriminatory factors used to determine the actual offered rate include qualifications and experience, geographic location, education, external market data, and consideration of internal equity.
As part of the total rewards package, this position is eligible for a short-term incentive based on performance. In addition, Jabil offers benefits to enhance your health, wealth and resilient self. These include medical, dental, and vision insurance plans; 401(k) retirement plan and employee stock purpose plan; and paid time off.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access Jabil.com/Careers site as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to Always_Accessible@Jabil.com or by calling 1.727.803.7515 with the nature of your request and contact information. Please do not direct any other general employment related questions to this e-mail or phone number. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address and/or phone number.