Enhances the capabilities of the Manufacturing Engineering Department by providing technical and administrative support to the engineering group as directed by the assigned team Project Engineer.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
· Assists Manufacturing Engineers in analyzing daily yield data and determining areas requiring increased focus.
· Assists engineers in root cause failure analysis of production assemblies including process capability studies, variable isolation analysis and designed experiments.
· Periodically performs time studies and utilize yield data to maintain appropriate staffing levels and maximize efficiency.
· Acts as liaison to suppliers and customers to ensure verification of corrective actions.
· Ensures essential production information (inspection instructions, customer complaints, production scheduling, etc) is communicated consistently and effectively throughout the line and from shift to shift.
· Creates and maintains all visual aids and process specifications used for Manufacturing and Quality.
· Creates and maintains all machine programs used for Manufacturing.
· Analyzes prototype assemblies and develops manual assembly process.
· Adhere to all safety and health rules and regulations associated with this position and as directed by supervisor.
· Comply and follow all procedures within the company security policy.
AA degree or equivalent electronics experience; 3-4 years experience building complete assemblies from prints; knowledge of SMP machinery capabilities
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Read and understand visual aid. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
Must be able to calculate quantity of parts to be prepped and ready for use at any time. Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10's and 100's.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out simple one- or two-step instructions. Ability to deal with standardized situations with only occasional or no variables.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Individual may be required to sit, stand or walk. Reaching, loading, and unloading of boards and reels is mandatory, as is lifting of up to 35 lbs. Specific vision requirements for this job include close vision for examining circuit boards and parts, the ability to read visual aids and parts bins, and visually identify specific parts and polarity. Ability to wear half face negative pressure air-purifying respirator. Ability to maintain proper seal by not allowing more than one day's growth of facial hair on the sealing surface of the respirator. Participation in industrial hygiene for exposure to lead as defined under OSHA 1910.1025 (Occupational Exposure to Lead).
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Individual’s primary workstation is located on the manufacturing floor. The noise level in the work environment is moderate.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access Jabil.com/Careers site as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to Always_Accessible@Jabil.com or by calling 1.727.803.7515 with the nature of your request and contact information. Please do not direct any other general employment related questions to this e-mail or phone number. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address and/or phone number.