Take the initiative and\or assist Purchasing Manager in responsible for ensuring that materials supply equals demand, optimizing overall cost of Purchasing, supporting the business development effort with current and potential customers, and development / implementation of purchasing strategies.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Assist Purchasing Manager in leading and administrate the Purchasing organization.
· Support the development and implementation of Supply Chain strategies and systems.
· Optimize the overall cost of materials and ensure that materials supply equals demand.
· Execute Purchasing and Materials Planning functions according to the business objectives and policies and procedures.
· Ensure all purchases orders are placed with pricing and terms & conditions that are negotiated and agreed to by Jabil Commodity Managers and Buyers.
· Ensure that Operation's supply base contributes to success of the Operation and that suppliers are selected based on overall cost effectiveness and their ability to meet Jabil's requirements. Monitor, track, and provide feedback on suppliers' performance on overall cost, delivery, and quality.
· Maintains an open, non-political culture that encourages employees to focus on maximizing the performance of the company and customer service.
· Support the development of Jabil Supply Chain strategies and systems. Obtain feedback from Customers/BUs and suppliers. Collaborate with Jabil SCM, other Jabil Operations, suppliers, and customers to develop supply chain solution that improves Jabil's performance and service levels.
· Support customers/BUs business need using Jabil's standard processes where possible and customized solutions where necessary. Influence customers/BUs in order to leverage Jabil's Supply Chain solutions.
· Execute Purchasing and Materials Planning functions according to the business objectives and policies and procedures. Continuously improve efficiency, accuracy, and effectiveness of the functions. Drive down overall cost of materials including component pricing, freight expenses, administration expenses, materials liability, and high stock.
· Enforce the Corporate “Rules of the Road” Commandment and Cultural Creeds, Corporate and Operation’s policies procedures
· May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
· Extremely strong skills in communication, leadership, business analysis, process development, administration and change management are required.
· Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
· Ability to cost of managing materials, material price variance.
· Ability to manage Days of Supply-MPS, potential excess material, potential obsolete material, high stocks.
· Proficiency in use of personal computers, Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word and PowerPoint) and e-mail skills required.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
· Bachelor’s degree preferred.
· Minimum five years of experience and required industry experience, including two years in supervisory role; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
· APICS and CPM certifications preferred.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access https://careers.jabil.com/ site as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to Always_Accessible@Jabil.com or by calling 1.727.803.7515 with the nature of your request and contact information. Please do not direct any other general employment related questions to this e-mail or phone number. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address and/or phone number.