Inspects and approves incoming products by confirming specifications, conducting visual and measurement tests, and rejecting and returning unacceptable materials.
Assists with all rework activities to ensure reworked product meets set specification
Documents inspection results by completing reports and logs, summarizes re-work and waste, and inputs data into quality database.
Keeps measurement equipment operating by following operating instructions and calibration requirements, and calling for repairs.
Maintains safe and healthy work environment by following standards and procedures, and complying with legal regulations.
Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities and reading technical publications.
Accomplishes quality and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work independently to accomplish visual and dimensional mechanical inspection processes with minimal supervision to the quality industry and department standards, while adhering to best safety practices.
- Be able to read and interpret engineering level mechanical drawings containing GD&T covered by ASME Y14.5 standard, schematics and specifications.
- Be able to establish accept/reject criteria and revision status from blueprints.
- Be able to independently conduct first article and final inspection processes confirming compliance to specifications in fast paced environment.
- Identify and document non-conformance.
- Notify appropriate personnel of potential rejection of products.
- Document inspection results by completing reports and logs, and correctly and carefully inputting data into the quality database.
- Accomplish inspection related tasks as directed by the quality department or upper management.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, perform other duties as necessary.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Provide communication forum for the exchange of ideas and information with the department.
- Organize verbal and written ideas clearly and use an appropriate business style.
- Ask questions, which stimulates open responses; encourage input from team members.
- Assess communication style of individual team members and adapt own communication style accordingly.
- Able to switch communication style to an internal consultant when presenting audit findings to stakeholders.
- Communications at audit meetings should enhance the continual improvement efforts.
Bachelor’s degree preferred; and six years related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to operate a personal computer including using a Windows based operating system and related software.
- Advanced PC skills, including training and knowledge of Jabil’s software packages.
- Ability to write simple correspondence. Read and understand visual aid.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out simple one- or two-step instructions.
- Ability to deal with standardized situations with only occasional or no variables.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret graphs.
- ASQ certification; GD&T Certification
- Minimum 5 years CMM experience
Experience in regulatory affairs desirable. Strong working knowledge of ISO9000: 2000, ISO14001, TL9000, BABT PS340, ISO13485, TS16949, ISO Q10011, ISO 14012, ISO
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- 6+ years experience in a relevant Jabil production position.
- Advanced PC Skills and training and experience in applicable software packages.
- Or an equivalent combination of education, training or experience.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access Jabil.com/Careers site as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to Always_Accessible@Jabil.com or by calling 1.727.803.7515 with the nature of your request and contact information. Please do not direct any other general employment related questions to this e-mail or phone number. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address and/or phone number.