Build your career with Jabil! We challenge and empower you to make most of your talents, working with outstanding colleagues from diverse backgrounds who share your drive and passion to make Jabil grow!
Global role responsible for executing and driving supplier qualification, development and part qualifications across Jabil automotive manufacturing locations. Responsibilities include supplier assessments, supplier audits, supplier development and component qualifications to comply with Jabil, industry, legal and regulatory requirements. Serve as a technical escalation point for technical guidance and expertise to help resolve supplier quality issues.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Defines, develops and implements Supply Chain strategies that drive improvements in supplier selection, development, and leverage across customer programs for quality improvements and cost savings.
- Performs supplier qualification duties following Jabil supplier qualification processes which includes on-site and off-site supplier assessments.
- Drives supplier selection strategies that will yield a supply base that can be used across all customer programs throughout the Jabil automotive division providing leveraged cost savings.
- Proactively communicates information or issues that may impact the product costs or manufacturability to all affected sites/departments.
- Drives component qualifications per Jabil part qualification processes, industry, legal and regulatory requirements.
- Defines and develops the inspection plans via inspection aids and instruction guidelines.
- Drives Supplier Corrective/Preventive Action for problem resolution and continuous improvements during the part qualification process, including critical analysis of supplier DOE, CPK, Gauge R&R studies.
- Coordinates non-conforming materials be returned to vendor due to poor quality during the part qualification process and have the appropriate documentation that describes the reasons for return.
- Technical escalation support in resolving supplier/component technical issues resulting in supplier corrective actions.
- Understanding of the quality system, automotive and commercial regulatory requirements and how they relate to the business.
- Adheres to all safety and health rules and regulations associated with this position and as directed by management.
- Complies and follows all procedures within the company security policy.
- May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Strong electro / mechanical background desired; knowledge of plastic injection molding & tooling, metal stampings & tooling, metal fabrication, machining and various electrical components, connectors, PCB & PCBA, cable assembly, full assembly integration etc.
- Needs strong background in at least 2 on this list.
- Must be able to read and interpret mechanical drawings. Must be experienced with reading and using (GD&T).
- Must be experienced in statistical analysis of component and process quality including Process capability studies (Cpk), Design of Experiments (DOE), gage repeatability and reproducibility (Gage R&R) and statistical tolerance stack-up analysis.
- Ability to solve practical problems with limited information.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Ability to effectively communicate technical information to Jabil Management, Customers, and suppliers.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s degree required in Mechanical, Electrical or Manufacturing Engineering or similar technical degree and/or experience and education
- A minimum of 3+ years related Supplier Quality experience including supplier assessment, supplier audits, and component qualification using PPAP is required.
- Proficiency in use of Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word, Power Point, Visio, and Project).
- Professional certifications such as Professional Engineer, Certified Quality Auditor, Certified Quality Engineer, Certified VDA6.3 Auditor will be advantageous
- Experience in Statistical Engineering methodologies similar to Shainin will be a strong plus.
- Master Molder Certification is a strong plus
- Extensive domestic and regional travel is required. Intercontinental travel may be required.
- Must be willing to travel up to 50% (Regional)
Jabil, including its subsidiaries, is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access https://careers.jabil.com/ site as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to Always_Accessible@Jabil.com or by calling 1.727.803.7515 with the nature of your request and contact information. Please do not direct any other general employment related questions to this e-mail or phone number. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address and/or phone number.