As Part of the Global A&T quote team, support all quoting activities with Mechanical Suppliers; work with commodity managers, quote requestors and suppliers to obtain best quote based on correct specifications and track quote progression; train and support members of the department on the use of all business systems.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
· Work with commodity management to gain understanding of supply base by commodity & region for use in quoting activities
· Provides feedback to (and receives input from) Material Quotations Supervisor and Regional Commodity Managers about suppliers to be included in quoting process
· Supports all quoting activity
· Attends quote kick-off meetings for all quotes.
· Maintains knowledge of what information is required to obtain accurate quotes from the supply base and ensures that the required information is available or requests it from the Project Manager responsible for the given quote.
· Prepares quote packages and solicits quotes from the supply base.
· Analyzes supplier quotes in order to provide complete costed BOM’s to the Project Managers
· Ensures supplier completion of appriopriate cost break downs and Feasibility Commitment Agreement
· Maintain suppliers' quotation performance measurables - on time quote, appropriate cost break down and feasibility commitment completion, competitiveness
· Establishes methods for analyzing which suppliers are consistent in providing aggressive pricing and lead-times in their quotes
· Review quotes for suppliers who are not on the potential customers AVL/AML and provides feedback or recommendations to the Project Manager, Material Quotations Supervisor, and Regional Commodity Managers
· Reviews and works quotes for best possible outcome
· Works supply base for best possible pricing, lead-times, terms and conditions in coordination with commodity management
· Reviews quotes with Regional Commodity Managers and Material Quotations Supervisor when required to ensure that the suppliers selected are consistent with any relationships/partnerships we are attempting to establish
· Maintains log of quoting performance in terms of cycle time to administer quote and results of quote activity, e.g., won business, lost business, etc.
· Assists in providing input to consistently improve the quotation process and performs work necessary to document
· Performs other special projects for Manager or Material Quotations Supervisor
· Is available to Manager for special assignments or projects requiring someone with thorough knowledge of the systems, processes and procedures used by the Regional Commodity Management Team and Site Materials Departments
· Provides assistance in the performance of various routine commodity management assignments
· Exercises a good working knowledge of materials and sources of supply to make purchases at prices consistent with quality and quantity requirements.
· Adhere to all safety and health rules and regulations associated with this position and as directed by supervisor
· Comply and follow all procedures within the company security policy
BA plus 1 year purchasing experience of Jabil procured commodities; OR equivalent combination of education and experience. NAPM, MBA and APICs certifications desired.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access https://careers.jabil.com/ site as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to Always_Accessible@Jabil.com or by calling 1.727.803.7515 with the nature of your request and contact information. Please do not direct any other general employment related questions to this e-mail or phone number. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address and/or phone number.