Working under limited supervision, performs a variety of semi-routine assignments by following established procedures. Is able to recognize the occasional need to deviate from accepted practice to resolve problems.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- This position is intended for day shift (10:00AM-6:30PM, M-F). Must be willing to work overtime and weekends as required to accommodate production needs.
- Follows established procedures on routine assignments; receives instructions on new assignments; completing assignments the following areas:
- Train and coordinates activities of less experienced technicians in the maintenance of production equipment.
- Troubleshoot to determine problems in non-functioning electromechanical equipment used in the manufacturing process.
- Dismantle, adjusts, repairs and assembles equipment according to layout plans, blueprints, operating or repair manual, rough sketches or drawings.
- Uses test and diagnostic equipment.
- Rebuilds manufacturing equipment as required
- Perform scheduled preventive maintenance.
- Document maintenance as per program designation.
- Provide daily ‘pass-down’ reports to Project Engineer, Manufacturing Engineer and the Manufacturing Engineering Technician on the following shift.
- Move or assist in the movement and installation of equipment.
- Calibrate equipment using general and special purpose test equipment.
- May be required to source equipment parts.
- May be required to work overtime or be on-call.
- Comply and follow all procedures within company safety policies.
- May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Knowledge of company policies and procedures to complete assigned tasks.
- Must be able to read, write and communicate in English. Must be able to effectively communicate with technical support services.
- Use of basic and special purpose hand tools, leveling instruments, and test/calibration equipment.
- Must be able to troubleshoot all failures that are detectable at the IO level.
- Basic mathematics.
- Understanding of electronic color codes and other component value markings.
- Understanding of safety practices and requirements.
- Solid knowledge of specialized maintenance tracking programs.
- Personal computer operation in a Windows environment (Excel, Word and PowerPoint and e-mail).
- Use of specialized maintenance tracking programs.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Associates degree in relevant discipline preferred.
- Five (5) to eight (8) years prior work experience in electromechanical equipment in a manufacturing environment required.
- Equivalent combination of education, training or experience.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access Jabil.com/Careers site as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to Always_Accessible@Jabil.com or by calling 1.727.803.7515 with the nature of your request and contact information. Please do not direct any other general employment related questions to this e-mail or phone number. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address and/or phone number.