The expert in handling all the chemicals such as conformal coating, adhesive and the washing process
Researches basic design factors such as ease of manufacture and availability of materials and equipment. Works with other organizations impacted by design development.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Leads design and development of the backend processes such as conformal coating, washing & adhesives.
· Leads development and implementation of changes to product design and/or the manufacturing process to achieve efficiency, quality, and/or cost improvements.
· Develops requirement specifications, system concepts, line layouts, detail drawings, BOM’s and budgets. Makes layouts of complex assemblies and details of parts of devices, mechanisms and structures.
· Leads customer product design engineering for economic production and serves as technical interface with customers as designated.
· Assesses proper material, tooling, automation and equipment selection.
· Works with manufacturing to trouble-shoot problems, upgrades, retrofits, set-ups, methods development, and the development of process parameters.
· May lead product development meetings and makes recommendations to product design changes to enhance manufacturing and assembly.
· Conduct proof of concept experiments and design other testing requirements as needed.
· Develop SOP’s, operations and maintenance manuals.
· Research new technology or development tools to remain informed of current technology.
· Thorough understanding of Lean Six Sigma tools, projects and processes and ability to incorporate these into assigned engineering projects.
· Lead role in small or large project, as assigned. Reviews completed projects for accuracy, clarity and completeness.
· Ensures projects are compliant with all local, regional, and national regulatory requirements, codes and controls.
· Supports all company safety and quality programs initiatives.
· May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1) The Expert in the Conformal Coating process and with a sound knowledge & understanding of the Conformal Coating Process as well as different conformal coat chemical chemistries & characteristic. Knowledge in Parylene coating is an added advantage
2) Knowledge & experience in saponified aqueous wash and C3/Ion Chromotography/SIR test to check for the level of cleanliness
3) Knowledge & experience in VDA19.1 & VDA19.2 Cleanliness requirement and quality standard audit and process control
4) The Expert in all the Back-End Processes and solutions especially in the area of Point-to-point soldering/Ultrasonic/Spot Welding. Knowledge & Experience in Laser soldering is an added advantage
5) Knowledge in battery chemistries/EV battery packs assembly/testing and wire harness fabrication is an added advantage
6) To train, coach and lead the Engineers in the area of Conformal Coating/Wet Process/Cleanliness requirement and working with the workcell on closing the process gaps & standardization
7) Ensure all the MEs are being trained & certified and support the Workcell ME in the Wet Process setting up/optimization and breakthough problem solving
8) Be the forerunner in the latest technology & keep in close contact & work closely with the Global Team on future projects/enhancements/upgrades
9) Ensure functional training materials are up-to-date and well delivered during training sessions
10) Able to write up & establish best practices/cookbook and continously review the best practices/cookbook to include the latest lesson learnt
· Understands processes and has an excellent understanding of various manufacturing techniques in the area of conformal coating/washing and backend process equipment
· Strong knowledge of engineering theories, design principles and practices, and design evaluation techniques.
· Proficiency in use of personal computers, Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word and PowerPoint) and e-mail skills required.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access https://careers.jabil.com/ site as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to Always_Accessible@Jabil.com or by calling 1.727.803.7515 with the nature of your request and contact information. Please do not direct any other general employment related questions to this e-mail or phone number. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address and/or phone number.