The Senior Director will be responsible for maintaining the necessary product quality and systems quality improvements to drive Quality as a competitive advantage in an assigned business sector such as Defense & Aerospace, Industrial, Medical, Solar, Quality Systems, etc.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Manages quality for high velocity and / or large sectors for the company
· Reviews, assesses gaps and implements gap closure plans for the product sector in an effort to exceed the expectations of our customers and build share
· Creates and implements the quality roadmap with the help of operations and the business units
· Defines, develops, and implements global Quality Operations Development strategies that contribute to business development and strategic direction for the sector.
· Establish and implement value added compliant product testing equipment and tools.
· Defines the most efficient processes and tools, which support Jabil’s business.
· Coordinates plant input to tool set requirements.
· Prioritizes initiatives and creates implementation plans in conjunction with corporate IT.
· Develops supporting metrics for business processes.
· Develops functional Assessment checklists.
· Develops and documents cookbook and reference material.
· Creates, delivers, and evaluates educational material in conjunction with Jabil U to Functional Managers.
· Will drive Global Quality System compliance to ISO 9001, ISO 13485, AS 9100, TS 16949 and ESD 20.20 standards.
· Will function as the primary interface to our global registrar
· Coordinates global quality initiatives and facilitates the sharing of best practices.
· Propose, facilitate and execute new quality systems process to establish Quality as a competitive advantage
· Comply and follow all procedures within the company security policy.
· May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
· Experienced quality systems leader with proven history designing and implementing global quality processes
· Must have successful history leading change management (i.e. AQP, APQP, IP/PQ/OQ)
· Ability to translate customer and business needs into value added processes within operations, engineering and business services
· Proven experience leading management review, customer audits, registrar audits and business gap closure teams
· Successful background in operations in addition to quality management
· Must be an outstanding communicator and team facilitator
· Extremely results oriented with a bias towards action
· Excellent problem solver. Makes decisions based on data.
· Ability to identify the salient business and quality issues and focus the team on the critical few actions required for success
· Certified 6 Sigma Black Belt
· Proficiency in use of personal computers, Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word and PowerPoint) and e-mail skills required.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
· Bachelor's Degree required. Masters Degree preferred.
· Degree in Engineering required and Master Degree in Business Administration preferred.
· Minimum of 15 years work-related experience required in Quality Management in a High Tech industry
· Operations management experience
· Six Sigma Black Belt
· Excellent oral and written communication skills. Proficient in Mandarin skills is required as the successful person will need to liaise with Mandarin speaking counterparts/vendors/customers.
· Or an equivalent combination of education, training or experience.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access Jabil.com/Careers site as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to Always_Accessible@Jabil.com or by calling 1.727.803.7515 with the nature of your request and contact information. Please do not direct any other general employment related questions to this e-mail or phone number. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address and/or phone number.