Responsible for managing a specific production area over entire scheduled shifts in order to meet delivery, quality, and cost objectives.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
LEADERSHIP AND MANAGEMENT RESPONSIBILITIES
Recruitment and Retention:
· Recruit, interview and hire manufacturing employees.
· Communicate criteria to recruiters for candidates.
· Coach department staff in the interviewing/hiring process.
· Monitor team member turnover; identify key factors that can be improved; make improvements.
Employee and Team Development:
· Identify individual and team strengths and development needs on an ongoing basis.
· Create and/or validate training curriculum in area of responsibility.
· Coach and mentor tooling department staff to deliver excellence to every internal and external customer.
· Create and manage succession plans for employees.
· Establish clear measurable goals and objectives by which to determine individual and team results (i.e. operational metrics, results against project timelines, training documentation, attendance records, knowledge of operational roles and responsibilities, personal development goals).
· Solicit ongoing feedback from Manufacturing Manager, peers and team members’ contribution to the workcell.
· Provide ongoing coaching and counseling to team member based on feedback.
· Express pride in staff and encourage them to feel good about their accomplishments.
· Perform team member evaluations professionally and on time.
· Drive individuals and the team to continuously improve in key operational metrics and the achievement of the organizational goals.
· Coordinate activities of large teams and keep them focused in times of crises.
· Ensure recognition and rewards are managed fairly and consistently in area of responsibility.
· Provide communication forum for the exchange of ideas and information with the department.
· Organize verbal and written ideas clearly and use an appropriate business style.
· Ask questions; encourage input from team members.
· Assess communication style of individual team members and adapt own communication style accordingly.
TECHNICAL MANAGEMENT RESPONSIBILITIES
· Actively participate in daily Corrective Action Committee (CAC) and On Time Delivery meetings per current Jabil structure.
· Utilize the MES system to recognize and immediately correct repetitive quality and production problems. Retrieve and compile MES production data as needed.
· Review other production, quality, and maintenance system reports to identify and correct production, quality, or operation problems.
· Confer with operations management to establish production and quality control standards.
· Establish production priorities to plan and direct production activities to meet OTD while mitigating costs.
· Coordinate production activities with quality control, test, purchasing, and maintenance activities to obtain optimum efficiency,
and sufficient utilization of human resources, machines, and equipment.
· Ability to quickly revise production schedules and priorities as a result of equipment failure or operating problems.
· Develop and implement procedures to promote continuous improvement and lean manufacturing.
· Consult with engineering personnel relative to modification of machines and equipment in order to improve production and quality of products.
· Minimize scrap and manage MRO expense by identifying trends and providing corrective action. Provide input regarding types, quantities, and availability of MRO products.
· Maintain a clean and safe manufacturing area and ensure each workstation is clean and professional in appearance.
· Assist in minimizing WIP, component inventory, and equipment on the production floor.
· Verify that only current, accurate and authorized documentation is available to production.
· Ensure that line employees read, understand and adhere to appropriate policies and procedures.
· Adhere to all environmental, safety, and health rules and regulations associated with this position.
· Comply to and follows all procedures within the Jabil and JDAS security policies.
· May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
· Ability to read, analyze, interpret and communicate common scientific and/or technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents.
· Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community.
· Ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups, and/or board of directors.
· Advanced PC and ERP skills, including training and knowledge of Jabil’s software packages.
· Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume.
· Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
· Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
· Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
· Strong knowledge of global and regional logistics operations and industry.
· Strong proficiency in determining logistics requirements to enable company’s business goals and objectives with ability to devise and implement strategy to achieve targets.
· Strong financial and analytical ability. Proficiency in managing business analytics to determine optimum company footprint.
· Strong knowledge of international direct and indirect taxes as well as global customs regimes.
· Proven track record of successful change management accomplishments, implementing and management continuous productivity and cost reduction programs.
· Strong and convincing communication skills.
· Proficiency in use of personal computers, Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word and PowerPoint) and e-mail skills required.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
· HS Diploma and at least two years experience in a manufacturing supervisory role.
· Bachelor’s degree preferred.
· Or a combination of education, experience and/or training.
Successful applicants will have to fulfill all prerequisites for contracts. Certain position may require US Citizenship.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access Jabil.com/Careers site as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to Always_Accessible@Jabil.com or by calling 1.727.803.7515 with the nature of your request and contact information. Please do not direct any other general employment related questions to this e-mail or phone number. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address and/or phone number.