Develops and implements production/processing methods and controls to meet quality standards in the most efficient manner for new and existing assembly/molding processes. Monitors the assembly/molding process; troubleshooting problem processes and assisting in resolving quality issues. Provides technical expertise on various projects/production jobs and processes as required.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Implement the startup of new/existing projects/production jobs, optimizing cost, efficiency and quality.
· Establish and ensure process control and maintains appropriate documentation.
· Monitor the assembly/molding process running in production; troubleshoot problems associated with processes, and assist in resolving quality issues.
· Establish processes for new product lines; document product development and changes; evaluate new product performance; and monitor new tool design.
· Debug moderately complex problems within a portion of new systems, tooling and automation.
· Implement experiments to enhance processes as well as improve yields and utilization through reduced cycle and efficient set-up.
· Implement maintenance changes in process improvements; propose or specify repair alteration of automation while ensuring adequate documentation is maintained.
· Maintain a clean and safe work environment; supporting all company safety programs and initiatives.
· May provide direction to assembly and material handling employees as necessary.
· Support all company safety and quality programs and initiatives.
· May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
· Proficiency in use of personal computers, Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word and PowerPoint) and e-mail skills required.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
· B.S. Degree in manufacturing or plastics engineering (or equivalent experience).
· 4-6 years in an injection molding environment.
· Clean room, machine maintenance, assembly manufacturing, processing parameters and controls
experience is preferred.
· Scientific Injection Molding experience.
Must have Master Molder II Certification.
Must have work history demonstrating ability to develop robust Decoupled III processes using RJG Technology .
Must have experience with extraction and analysis of eDart process data for purposes of troubleshooting and non-conforming part investigations.
Must have ability to troubleshoot function of multi channel instrumented mold and machine components.
Desired experience with Engel Multi-shot eMotion and Roboshot Injection molding machines or similar.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access https://careers.jabil.com/ site as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to Always_Accessible@Jabil.com or by calling 1.727.803.7515 with the nature of your request and contact information. Please do not direct any other general employment related questions to this e-mail or phone number. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address and/or phone number.