Designs a variety of simple or complex tooling to aide production personnel in the mass production of circuit boards.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
· Utilize AutoCAD/CREO software to design tooling for use in production. Tooling to include: mechanical fixtures, vacuum plates and wave pallets and special design projects as requested by the Tooling Department Supervisor or assigned customer.
· Corroborate with Manufacturing Engineering personnel to design and fabricate tooling.
· Plan and schedule daily workload and design status to ensure timely design completion and fabrication cycle. Provide design status to the Tooling Department Supervisor as requested.
· Complete special projects as assigned by the Tooling Department Supervisor.
· Prepare requisitions, as needed, to purchase materials and/or tooling from outside vendors.
· Adhere to all safety and health rules and regulations associated with this position and as directed by supervisor.
· Comply and follow all procedures within the company security policy.
Proficient in Windows. Proficiency in CREO, AutoCAD, and CNC programming preferred. A working knowledge of machine shop practices related to the operation of manual milling machines, lathes and general shop equipment as well as the proper use of measuring instruments is preferred.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access Jabil.com/Careers site as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to Always_Accessible@Jabil.com or by calling 1.727.803.7515 with the nature of your request and contact information. Please do not direct any other general employment related questions to this e-mail or phone number. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address and/or phone number.