- The Automation Systems / Controls Engineer works with technical team members to maintain, repair, troubleshoot and develop systems architecture within allocated timeframes and cost constraints.
Key Responsibilities and End Results: (Essential responsibilities include but are not limited to the following):
- Provide PLC programming, Visions Systems, SCADA systems installation, networks, set-up, configurations, calibrations, troubleshooting and fault-finding support.
- Support design, buy-off, installation and validation of automated production lines.
- Be willing to travel as necessary to support equipment buy-offs and training at vendor / customer sites.
- Lead systematic technical root cause investigations.
- Support manufacturing IT Systems architecture.
- Drive continuous improvement projects.
- Manage assigned project budgets, liaise with customers, contractors as required.
- Develop systems equipment maintenance procedures.
- Develop and deliver technical systems training.
- Support all company safety and quality programs and initiatives.
- Ensure ongoing compliance with GMP in all practices, recording of events and processes.
- Ensure compliance with all learnings from all GMP training events
- Other responsibilities may be assigned from time to time as needed, based on the evolution of the company and the requirements of the department/position.
- Able to work in a team environment.
- Excellent organisation, communication and presentation skills.
- Systematic troubleshooting skills.
- Strong leadership of technical issue resolution.
- Provide innovative solutions to complex problems.
- Programming experience: PLC, C++, SQL.
- Good data analysis skills.
- Proficient in MS Office applications, experience of MS Project, MS Access.
- CAD experience desirable
Job Specifications : The minimum education and experience required to perform this job competently.
- Degree in electronic engineering, controls engineering, software engineering or similar discipline.
- Experience of PLC programming essential and Vision Systems and SCADA systems installation highly desirable.
- 3-5 years relevant work experience in a manufacturing environment
- High volume automated assembly experience would be an advantage as would medical device manufacturing experience in a regulated environment.
- An electrical background / qualification advantageous.
Organization Linkages: List the titles of individuals and organizations with which this position has the most frequent and significant contact. Briefly describe the nature of those contacts.
- Reports to Automation Engineering Lead
- Value Stream Leader
- Automation Technicians
If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access Jabil.com/Careers site as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to Always_Accessible@Jabil.com or by calling 1.727.803.7515 with the nature of your request and contact information. Please do not direct any other general employment related questions to this e-mail or phone number. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address and/or phone number.