$1000 SIGN ON BONUS!!
This position is responsible for identifying, inspecting, testing and packaging catheters.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Inspect catheters & cables using a microscope as needed
- Accurately identify catheters & cables by part number, and print and apply barcodes
- Functionally test catheters & cables as required
- Package and label catheters & cables while maintaining job integrity
- Experience using a ruler for measurements
- Must be able to tolerate the smell of silicone
- Locate Work Instructions (Protocols) in the computer
- Keep in compliance of safety measures including the use of gowns, gloves and PPE
- Ability to work, in other areas of production
- Able to work overtime as needed (including mandatory weekend overtime)
- Conduct associate training within the department as required
- Able to locate identification books for each device type
- Verify job number on traveler with job number on device labels
- Meet or exceed all quality and productivity expectations
- Committed to building a positive culture
- Other responsibilities may be assigned & not all responsibilities listed may be assigned
- POLICIES: Know and follow policies and procedures related to work activities performed in area of responsibility
- TRAINING: Complete training in area of responsibility within allowed time-period. Training is required for changes in existing policies & procedures, for new assignments and for implementation of new policies & procedures . Complete required periodic re-training in areas such as environmental health & safety
- SAFETY: Follow all company safety policies & other safety precautions within work area. Promote safety to all associates that enter the work area
Education & Experience Requirements
- High School diploma or equivalent required
- Prior experience in the medical device industry is preferred
- Familiar with MES or New Critical Manufacturing System
- Basic knowledge of FDA and ISO regulations preferred
- Willingness to learn and take on additional responsibilities
- Ability to build and maintain effective working relationships with diverse people and to promote teamwork/collaboration
- Able to follow verbal and written instructions
- Familiar with Excel
- Must have excellent hand and eye coordination/dexterity
- Ability to learn quickly and to identify, logically analyze, and solve work related problems
- Ability to learn overall understanding of process flow and resources within the organization
- Ability to maintain high work standards and concern for the quality of work; to work reliably and responsibly to improve daily
- Ability to read, write, count and understand English
- Ability to function independently as well as part of a team
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple priorities in fast-paced environment
Physical Requirements Needed to Perform Position Functions
- Lift/carry up to 10 lbs frequently and up to 50 lbs occasionally.
- Push/pull up to 10 lbs frequently and up to 20 lbs occasionally.
- Bend up to 30 degrees occasionally and twist/turn frequently.
- Occasional overhead reaching, stand/walk continuously and rotate positions frequently.
- Torqueing/crimping, grasping-light, out-stretched arms, and keystrokes with both hands.
Ability to operate a personal computer including using a Windows based operating system and related software. Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Read and understand visual aid.
Must be able to calculate quantity of parts to be prepped and ready for use at any time. Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10's and 100's.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out simple one- or two-step instructions. Ability to deal with standardized situations with only occasional or no variables.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Individual’s primary workstation is located on the manufacturing floor. The noise level in the work environment is moderate.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access https://careers.jabil.com/ site as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to Always_Accessible@Jabil.com or by calling 1.727.803.7515 with the nature of your request and contact information. Please do not direct any other general employment related questions to this e-mail or phone number. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address and/or phone number.