The Lead Financial Analyst is responsible for analyzing and monitoring current, future, and strategic cost initiatives, with emphasized focus on the design of useful analysis, metrics and related tools, as well as the training and guidance of senior and financial analysts supporting the team. Specific activities may include: cost initiatives, forecasting, internal reporting, variance analysis, modeling, design, support, training, guidance and other discretionary projects as directed by management. Working as a member of the finance team, this position primarily performs day-to-day finance related activities designed to analyze and monitor the company’s cost initiatives and drive for results, and provide management the tools and insight to drive strategic initiatives.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Recruitment and Retention:
· Assist with recruiting, interviewing and appointing globally dispersed RP&A team members.
· Communicate criteria to recruiters for RP&A candidates/positions.
· Collaborate with finance, operations, and business development functions.
· Monitor team member turnover; identify key factors that can be improved; suggest and execute improvements to/from management.
Employee and Team Development:
· Identify individual and team strengths and development needs on an ongoing basis and communicate those to manager.
· Validate training curriculum in area of responsibility, and take initiative to build on skill sets.
· Act as a mentor to senior and financial analysts supporting the team providing insight, guidance, and training related to all analysis and cost initiatives.
· Deliver excellence to every internal and external customer with value added contribution.
· Understand and establish clear measurable goals and objectives by which to bring to the table for management’s review.
· Express pride in work and accomplishments.
· Perform team member evaluations and provide guidance for senior and financial analysts, when prompted by manager, professionally and on time.
· Assist individuals and the team to continuously improve in key operational metrics and the achievement of the organizational goals, and recommend changes and/or new key metrics to measure.
· Provide periodic communication forum for the exchange of ideas and information with the department/function.
· Organize verbal and written ideas clearly and use an appropriate business style.
· Ask questions and encourage input from staff and other functions/team members.
· Assess communication style of individual team members and adapt accordingly.
FUNCTIONAL MANAGEMENT RESPONSIBILITIES
Cost Management and Direction:
· Know and understand the global cost initiatives when communicated, and be able to translate those to different audiences, including all support senior and financial analysts.
· Help define, develop and implement cost strategies, which contribute to the global strategic directions.
· Maintain an understanding of business activities, operations and systems, and global footprint.
· Provide regular updates to manager on the execution of cost initiatives through quantitative and qualitative communication.
· Take the lead on various cost related activities including modeling, designing, communicating, and coordinating internal functions and analysis.
· Identify and design creative ways to reduce cost by streamlining processes and systems (i.e. modification of responsibilities or consolidation of tasks, elimination of non-value-added processes, or complete re-engineering of processes and systems).
· Utilize tools to monitor departmental cost and cost trends, striving continuously to improve value.
· Provide feedback to peers on cost and cost trends. And provide support on ways for them to manage their costs.
· Provide support, guidance, and training to supporting senior and financial analysts on all cost initiatives, tools, metrics, and analysis provided to management.
TECHNICAL MANAGEMENT CONSIDERATIONS
· Compile and design financial presentations and support, including agendas, materials, timing, and other protocol. The presentations may include quarterly variances, multi-year plans and other materials.
· Design and provide support and analysis around current business models and recommend and/or design future enhancements for operations and business development activities. Support and analysis may include financial forecast and variance files and other administrative matters.
· Adhere to all safety and health rules and regulations associated with this position and as directed by supervisor.
· Collaborate with senior leaders and other members of the Cost PMO and communicate results, modeling activities, and other observations.
· Act as a mentor and source for guidance for all senior and financial analysts.
· Comply and follow all procedures within the company security policy.
· Conduct and interpret complex analyses to evaluate alignment with forward-looking strategies, and provide feedback to management.
· Support supervisors and provide guidance to junior team members with analysis to assist counsel and advise key corrective actions to senior leadership related to forecast performance and/or under/over plan in terms of their potential impact on the strategic goals, objectives, and financial viability of company.
· Ensure all sensitive and confidential information is handled appropriately.
· Foster a work standard consistent with management’s philosophies of best-in-class activities.
· Monitor and develop cost minimization strategies for global SG&A and other related items.
· May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
· Typically reports to Management. Direct supervisor job title(s) typically include: Director, Senior Manager or Manager of Reporting Planning & Analysis.
· Job is NOT directly responsible for managing other employees (e.g., hiring/termination and/or pay decisions, performance management).
· Advanced PC skills, including training and knowledge of Jabil’s software packages in an integrated system such as SAP, Controller and TM1, as well as advanced systems such as BI and Cognos Insight.
· Ability to read, analyzes, and interprets general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
· Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
· Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
· Proficiency in use of personal computers, Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word and PowerPoint) and e-mail skills required.
· Ability to effectively communicate with leaders via Company provided media.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
· Bachelor's Degree required. Masters Degree preferred.
· Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration or related field preferred.
· Seven (7) years work-related experience required, preferably in accounting/finance related experience preferred.
· Advance certifications and/or degrees preferred: CPA, CVA, MBA, etc.
· Or an equivalent combination of education, training or experience.
· Regular business hours. Some additional hours may be required.
· Travel requirements: Domestic and/or International, up to10 %.
· Climate controlled office environment during normal business hours.
Hands in water
Unusual hearing or vision demands: None specified
^Other physical demands or notes: Employees should not attempt to lift, pull or push a load in excess of 50 lbs. without assistance. Care should always be taken when lifting, pushing or pulling in an awkward position.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access Jabil.com/Careers site as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to Always_Accessible@Jabil.com or by calling 1.727.803.7515 with the nature of your request and contact information. Please do not direct any other general employment related questions to this e-mail or phone number. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address and/or phone number.