Working as a member of the finance team, this position primarily performs day-to-day costing related activities designed to analyze and monitor the site’s material margin. Specific activities may include: costing analysis of variations such as material/PPV, subcontracting, RMA, scrap, RTV, etc. Support and Lead costing initiatives through business partnering with operations teams.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Supports the development of standard costs and presentations to management on annual changes in standards. Serves as a back-up to periodic cost updates for new products.
• Prepare and publishes monthly financial closing reports reflecting variances to budget and variances to standard.
• Assists in the preparation of the annual business plan and subsequent updates.
• Interface with corporate and plant management to provide advice and recommendations for improving financial performance.
• Prepare and publish monthly capital spending reports. Ensures that capital projects are closed and capitalized on a timely basis. Conducts periodic fixed asset physical audits and updates the GL as needed.
• Ensure that plant procedures and policies are adhered to and comply with Jabil controls. Performs quarterly SOX testing and updates to procedures.
• Interface with manufacturing management to identify and implement activities that reduce plant operating costs. Calculate monthly cost savings from CIP projects and loads results into corporate database.
• Incorporate new technologies to aid in raw material control.
• Promote and instill an environment of cost consciousness and continuous improvement.
• Provide financial and business partner support to the packaging, sterilization and facilities departments. This will include analysis of cost reductions, labor, scrap, and controllable spending.
• Provide financial and business plan support to packaging and sterilization through analysis and serving as an active team member.
• Monitor credit card activity and ensure internal controls are in place.
• Serve as a process excellence green belt, providing leadership in project identification and analysis in projects to reduce cost of goods sold.
• Provide business partner support to the packaging strategy board and analysis of the major initiatives.
• Support capital acquisitions by training Business Partners in the use of Capital Appropriation process (end-to-end management).
• Provide guidance to the business unit manager on labor efficiency opportunities through ongoing analysis of the latest demand analysis volumes and integration of automated packaging equipment.
• Identify and initiate opportunities to provide training to the plant on cost of goods sold elements, capital management and other relevant topics.
• Lead automation opportunities and identify ways to streamline the routine departmental activities.
• Prepare and maintain Sarbanes-Oxley documentation.
• Follow all company safety policies and other safety precautions within the work area.
• Other responsibilities may be assigned and not all responsibilities listed may be assigned.
• Environmental – Participate in EMS management structure toward implementation and maintenance of EMS including continual improvement; pollution prevention; objectives and targets; and regulatory compliance. Participate and support the ISO 14001 Certification and Regulatory Audit process. Implement and follow all applicable EMS procedures. Adhere to the site’s EHS Code of Conduct.
MANAGEMENT & SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES
• Job is directly responsible for managing other employees (e.g., hiring/termination and/or pay decisions, performance management).
• Report to Plant Controller.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Able to lead projects to completion.
• Extensive personal computer experience required.
• Computer technology currently used includes Excel, Word, Power point and SAP General Ledger.
• Knowledge of SAP manufacturing system also a plus.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
• Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, or business administration;
• Certified Public Accountant (CPA), Certified Management Accountant (CMA), or APICS (American Production & Inventory Control Society) certification a significant plus, but not required.
• 4 or more years’ experience in an accounting function. Background in inventory/cost accounting preferred but not required.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access Jabil.com/Careers site as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to Always_Accessible@Jabil.com or by calling 1.727.803.7515 with the nature of your request and contact information. Please do not direct any other general employment related questions to this e-mail or phone number. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address and/or phone number.