The machine operator will perform machine setups and operate manufacturing equipment including but not limited to cutting, drilling, milling, bending, deburring, chemical finishing, laser etching and assembly in an assigned work area.
$1,500 Sign-on bonus offered to eligible new hires. Pay rates start at $18.00 an hour.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Learn and retain process requirements and metrics in assigned area to meet safety, quality, compliance and production goals as well as training requirements.
- Participate in and understand all compliance related activities pertaining to the job assignment.
- Follow process sheets, in process quality checks and perform first piece inspections.
- Engage with others in a positive and constructive manner that is conducive to good teamwork in a production environment.
- Cross-train to other work cells/departments as business needs dictate.
- May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
MANAGEMENT & SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Typically reports to Management. Direct supervisor job title(s) typically include: Manufacturing/Production Supervisor
- Job is NOT directly responsible for managing other employees (e.g., hiring/termination and/or pay decisions, performance management).
- Follow appropriate safety practices to prevent accidents to self or others.
- Follow all laws and policies as they apply to one's job and to maintain the highest levels of professionalism, ethics and compliance at all times.
- Learn and understand lean initiatives (e.g. 5S, Standard Work).
- Work during assigned shift schedule and meet associated attendance requirements.
- Ability to work overtime – in excess of eight (8) hours a day and/or in excess of 40 hours a week to support business requirements.
- Demonstrate consistency in results.
- Interface with co-workers and support functions to resolve problems.
- Identify and offer ideas and solutions for improvements based on applied knowledge.
- Performs other related duties, as required.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Or an equivalent combination of education, training or experience.
- Basic writing and verbal communication skills.
- Basic computer skills (e.g. internet, email).
- General math skills (e.g. addition, subtraction, multiplication, division).
- Previous industrial or manufacturing experience in regulated industry preferred.
The anticipated hourly pay range for this role is $9.77 - $14.15 - $18.55. Job-related, non-discriminatory factors used to determine the actual offered rate include qualifications and experience, education (if requirement noted above), geographic location, external market data, and consideration of internal equity.
As part of the total rewards package, this position is eligible for a short-term incentive based on performance. In addition, Jabil offers benefits to enhance your health, wealth and resilient self. These include medical, dental, and vision insurance plans; 401(k) retirement plan and employee stock purpose plan; and paid time off.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access Jabil.com/Careers site as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to Always_Accessible@Jabil.com or by calling 1.727.803.7515 with the nature of your request and contact information. Please do not direct any other general employment related questions to this e-mail or phone number. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address and/or phone number.