Reviews preparation of materials, supplies, and equipment for shipment according to specifications and the transportation method used.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Assemble orders, count and weigh and move or direct movement to designated floor locations.
· Record time, date, and method and quantity of shipments.
· Make out bills of lading, following standard procedures.
· Compares identifying information on outgoing shipments against bills of lading, invoices, orders, or other records.
· Posts weight and shipping charges and maintains shipping record files.
· Plan transfer of products to shipping dock, loading cars, or trucks.
· Specify method of crating, boxing, and/or skidding.
· Works with Planner or CSA on any sales order issues.
· Ensures that all system transactions are completed prior to releasing shipment.
· Familiarity with JACS shipping, SAP, Ship Request forms, courier sites, and AES filing.
· Familiarity with documentation related to international shipments.
· Adhere to all safety and health rules and regulations associated with this position and as directed by supervisor.
· Comply and follow all procedures within the company security policy.
· May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
· Ability to operate a personal computer including using a Windows based operating system and related software.
· Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
· Ability to write simple correspondence.
· Read and understand visual aid.
· Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
· Must be able to calculate quantity of parts to be prepped and ready for use at any time.
· Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10's and 100's.
· Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out simple one- or two-step instructions.
· Ability to deal with standardized situations with only occasional or no variables.
Ability to operate a personal computer including using a Windows based operating system and related software. Basic reading and writing skills. Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to speak and communicate effectively.
Basic math skills. Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Individual may be required to stand or walk for extended periods of time. Reaching, bending, and lifting up to 50 lbs. may be necessary.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those and employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Individual’s workstation is located in the stockroom or on the manufacturing floor. The noise level in the work environment is moderate.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access https://careers.jabil.com/ site as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to Always_Accessible@Jabil.com or by calling 1.727.803.7515 with the nature of your request and contact information. Please do not direct any other general employment related questions to this e-mail or phone number. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address and/or phone number.