Assists the Manufacturing Engineering Manager in the administration of the ME department to ensure smooth operation of the ME team. Coordinates with management and customers to determine business strategies and respond to needs.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist ME Manager with ME team goals and objectives
- Coach and train Manufacturing Engineers
- Provide timely feedback on employee performance, including compiling and conducting Performance Appraisals and the development of Training Plans
- Plan and organize manufacturing requirements related to ME
- Obtain and organize necessary resources to ensure ME meets established goals
- Adjust workloads as needed
- Compile, document and interpret data required to monitor and analyze performance
- Determine resource and infrastructure requirements
- Coordinate with customers to develop business strategies and forecasts
- Liaison with customers to resolve quality concerns
- Lead ME related NPI activities
- Contribute on various management teams always focusing on continuous improvement
- Manage and support the development and implementation of PE quality documentation
- Ensure ME compliance with ME quality documentation and regulatory requirements
- Ensure corrective actions are documented, implemented, verified, effective, and submitted on time for both the Internal Audit group and third party audits
- Provide on-call support to resolve engineering related issues arising beyond normal business hours
- Works safely at all times and complies with Environmental Health and Safety standards and work practices along with all other work rules
Bachelor’s degree in Electrical/Mechanical Engineering OR Electrical Engineering Technology OR related field OR equivalent work experience AND 9 to 12 years’ experience in a relevant industry position including at least 6 years’ management experience
- Strong knowledge of statistical methods and their application to a manufacturing process required
- Demonstrated experience creating process documentation including PFMEA’s, Process Flows and Visual Aids
- Knowledge of surface mount technology assembly processes, methods, and equipment and/or high-level assembly experience
- Knowledge of quoting / DFM processes, process design, tooling design, or equipment programming strongly preferred
- Knowledge of automotive, telecom, medical standards, and other industry QMS/EMS standards
- Advanced PC skills, including training and knowledge of Jabil’s software packages
- Knowledge of quality theory and practices required, including PFMEA, Control Plans and Charts, etc., and process documentation required
- Strong analytical, interpretive, and problem-solving skills required
- Experience in productivity improvement required
- Advanced reading, writing, and math skills required
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization
Individual may be required to sit or stand for extended periods of time.
The employee is frequently required to walk, bend, and lift and carry equipment up to 50 lbs.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and use of computer monitor screen a great deal of the time.
Individual’s primary workstation is located in the office area, with some time spent each day on the manufacturing floor.
The noise level in the work environment ranges from low to moderate.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access Jabil.com/Careers site as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to Always_Accessible@Jabil.com or by calling 1.727.803.7515 with the nature of your request and contact information. Please do not direct any other general employment related questions to this e-mail or phone number. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address and/or phone number.