ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Responsible for the management of Staff Attorneys in US, Asia and Europe to include, but not limited to contract issues, matters related to mergers & acquisitions, assignment of requests from other Jabil Departments requiring legal attention, and HR matters.
· Serves as final escalation point on matters related to contracts, M&A, HR, etc.
· Escalation point for issues in design contracts for the JTS attorneys.
· Coordinate monthly and quarterly reporting on customer contracts (globally).
· Prepare quarterly reports on claims and litigation (globally).
· Provide guidance to all other attorneys on resolving issues related to contracts and documents, and review and approve their work and proposals.
· Negotiate key or strategic customer contracts
· Approve, negotiate and review a broad range of corporate documents.
· Advise management and business staff on legal and business issues.
· Represent the Corporation in court and administrative hearings.
· Oversee M&A activity and manage outside counsel
· Initiate and work on special and/or strategic projects that impact and influence Jabil’s overall risk profile and future plans.
· Manage and mentor Directors, Staff Attorneys, and Regional Attorneys
· Responsible to provide training to all new Legal employees and to conduct training for BD employees via Jabil U.
· Develop and monitor career paths for attorneys, includes doing performance reviews and setting/reviewing bonus objectives
· May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
· Must be able to simultaneously perform multiple tasks
· Work effectively and independently under pressure
· Respond to constantly changing demands, priorities and deadlines.
· Excellent communication skills
· Leadership/people-management skills
· Broad knowledge of SEC, merger & acquisition, corporate governance, and general corporate and contract matters
· Proficiency in use of personal computers, Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word and PowerPoint) and e-mail skills required.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
· Masters Degree in Law, and admission to the Florida Bar or other state bar membership and Florida Authorized In-House Counsel Certification required.
· Ten (10)+ years of Legal experience or an equivalent combination of education, training or experience.
· Previous management experience.
· Experience in SEC, merger & acquisition, corporate governance, and general corporate and contract matters, including the ability to independently draft and negotiate manufacturing, supply and/or design agreements.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access Jabil.com/Careers site as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to Always_Accessible@Jabil.com or by calling 1.727.803.7515 with the nature of your request and contact information. Please do not direct any other general employment related questions to this e-mail or phone number. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address and/or phone number.