This individual is responsible for developing, implementing, and testing plans and procedures to ensure the Jabil Circuit Inc. businesses can respond to disruptions so that critical business functions can be resumed within a defined time frame, the amount of loss can be minimized and any affected locations can be repaired or replaced as quickly as possible. This responsibility includes coordinating the design, development, maintenance, and testing of the overall business continuity and disaster recovery plans for each critical ISS service provided to each area of business. The IT Business Continuity Planner will also be responsible for participating in any actual disaster recovery effort.
The IT Business Continuity Planner consults with business partners, identifying and analyzing the needs of the various businesses within Jabil Circuit Inc. This individual will provide mentoring of other staff through training and will provide individual guidance as required. Through collaboration this individual will build strong alliances with vendors, customers, ISS Teams, ISS Management, and other Jabil entities to ensure that the BCP is complete and comprehensive.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Develop BCP AND DRP Project scoping and planning
· Establish Business Continuity Objectives and Requirements
· Responsible to ensure that presentations and delivery of IT Business threat, vulnerability and/or risk briefings meet program objectives
· Determine the program schedule for conducting risk analysis and business impact analysis
· Conduct risk analysis and business impact analyses and assist business units and ISS groups to determine critical business processes
· Continuously evaluate changing business requirements and the existing BCP and its risk to Jabil business and raise emerging threats and issues to the attention of the management team.
· Lead, facilitate and coordinate the design and development of BCPs and DRPs for all business units and facilities (Recommend disaster avoidance and reduction strategies)
o Assessment of potential business impact
o Identify and define critical, time-sensitive processes and areas
o identify acceptable recovery time periods and establish resources required for successful resumption of business operations
o Provides guidance to and coordinates the efforts of staff members in developing recovery procedures for key areas of the organization.
· Establish business continuity and disaster recovery testing methodologies. Plan and coordinate testing of recovery support and business resumption procedures in functional areas to ensure recovery procedures are effective for restoration of key resources and resumption of critical business processes. This includes outside service providers, vendors, and customers
· Establishes the IT BCP/DRP test plan roadmap and schedule based on strategic importance and customer requirements
· Leads operation of the Crisis Command Center and related tasks during a crisis event
· Monitors global events for potential threats to Jabil operations and provides notification to ISA team
· Leads and establishes processes for ISS management and business areas as required when a business disruption occurs.
· Establishes training schedule and requirements for disaster recovery
· Conducts disaster recovery training for staff member in all functional areas. Provide instructional and informational materials on how employees are expected to respond during an emergency.
· Leads and delivers report business continuity status to senior management
· Work with third party vendors, suppliers, and customers to ensure their BCPs and DRPs capabilities meet Jabil Business requirements
· Participate in negotiating contracts and service agreements with outside organizations providing business continuity services as required
· Maintain library of recovery support and business resumption procedures, updating procedures to reflect changes in staff and facilities.
· Develop and lead IS Security policy in the areas of BC and DRP
· Lead annual BCP reviews and assessments to update BCPs and DRPs and establish training schedule and requirements
· Work closely with internal auditors and external auditors when conducting audits and examinations of ISS BCPs and DRPs.
· Work with federal regulators to ensure organizational compliance to best practices and regulatory requirements
· Contribute to the budget that supports the BCP program
· Maintain a thorough knowledge and in-depth field experience regarding emerging or job technologies required to fulfill the job, this could include formal or self paced professional development.
· Establish and maintain a good working relationship with customers and vendors.
· Serve as a resource to internal and external customers regarding business continuity standards and plans
· Evaluate Business partner’s questionnaires and assessments
· Participate in the exchange of ideas and information within the department.
· Organize verbal and written ideas clearly and use an appropriate business style.
· Ask questions; encourage input from team members.
· Provide regular updates to appropriate managers.
· Identify creative ways to reduce cost by streamlining processes and systems (i.e. modification of responsibilities or consolidation of tasks, elimination of non-value added processes, or complete re-engineering of processes and systems).
· Drive continuous improvement through trend reporting analysis and metrics management.
· Assure that procedures and work instructions are efficient and not redundant.
· Offer new ideas and suggestions for improvement. Identify and implement new practices and processes that are “best in field”.
· Demonstrate a commitment to customer service; anticipate, meet and exceed expectations by solving problems quickly and effectively; making customer issues a priority.
· Confer with reporting manager on complex or unusual situations.
· Establish new measurement systems if/where possible.
· Exchange knowledge and information with other Jabil facilities to ensure best practices are shared throughout the Jabil organization.
· Ensure 100% adherence to all company policies and procedures (i.e. Health, Safety and Quality)
· Maintain discretion and confidentiality in all areas pertaining to data and proprietary information, whether internal to Jabil or customer specific.
· Understand and embrace the business and IT strategic direction.
· To be dependable and conscientious in all work performed.
· May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
· Have strong knowledge of BCP/DRP Methodologies
· Possess strong Project Management skills and have successfully led enterprise wide projects
· Have international experience in Risk Management methodologies and Business impact and Risk Assessment analysis
· Possess the ability to present recommendations to technical and non-technical audiences
· Have excellent written and oral communication skills including both technical and business writing, documentation and presentation skills
· Strong analytical, organizational and decision making skills
· Must be an effective team player and be self-motivated and productive
· Ability to travel and provide off-hour coordination as required
· Ability to work effectively under pressure with constantly changing priorities and deadlines.
· Must have a high degree of integrity, be customer service oriented, and able to resolve conflict.
· Ability to work independently and as a team member, while using discretion in decision making and sound judgment in problem solving. Prioritize assignments without supervision. Achieve progress within available resources.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access Jabil.com/Careers site as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to Always_Accessible@Jabil.com or by calling 1.727.803.7515 with the nature of your request and contact information. Please do not direct any other general employment related questions to this e-mail or phone number. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address and/or phone number.