The position will support 1) World Class Manufacturing Initiative 2) Asia Region Molding Operations & 3) Customer Mold Tooling Projects. The position will report into the JRI - EOS group and work directly with Global, Regional and Jabil Site teams to complete activities.
The position will plan, organize and direct Mold Tooling Development to meet with Asia Region objectives. Work closely with Shenzhen & Penang Jabil sites. Develop and implement new Mold Tooling technologies to align with the goals of the organization including supplier development. Responsible for new Mold Tooling Projects and applications. Provide support for the introduction of the new Mold Tooling projects and provide training of technical staff.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Manage various aspects of mold development including, but not limited to; design reviews, fabrication and qualification related to prototype, pilot and production molds.
· Act as a tooling lead by participating in part design reviews as they relate to manufacturability and tool viability.
· Leading Tooling technology development projects within Plastics Injection Molding domain.
· Responsible for managing injection mold projects through quoting, mold design, construction, debugging, process development, and qualification. Participate in development programs with part and mold design reviews as they relate to Design for Manufacture (DFM)/ Design for Assembly (DFA) and mold configuration.
· Support customer discussions within Asia region for Jabil Asia facilities.
· Know the strategic direction of Asia Tooling Department and implement strategies that contribute to the success of the operation.
· Oversees key projects, processes and performance reports.
· Recruit, interview and hire personnel for key positions within the organization.
· To assist the JRI - EOS and Asia Region teams in issue resolution for mold tooling projects.
· Build up team’s technical professional.
· Manage integration of customer expectations/requirements in the areas of mold design, cavitation, prototyping and Moldflow analysis.
· Assist with mold supplier evaluations for the Approved Supplier List.
· Manage tooling designs to conform to Jabil established standards.
· Support development of part handling and metrology requirements and the requisite tooling and fixtures.
· Ensures sufficient resources for members to achieve performance.
· May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
· Be very familiar with mold design, mold component manufacturing procedures, mold processing, and mold automation development.
· Be capable of reading mold mechanical drawings.
· 10 - 15yrs experience delivering complex / Healthcare molds within Asia
· Proficiency with ProENGINEER, Creo or SolidWorks.
· MS Office including, MS Project desired.
· CAE experience an advantage - Moldflow, Moldex 3D
· Knowledge of RJG or alternate mold sensor technology
· Experience with Healthcare validation processes and methodology
· Master Molder certified or equivalent experience
· Fluent in English and Chinese languages
· Knowledge of Hot Runner technologies and applications
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
· 10-15yrs experience within plastics industry delivering complex injection molds within Asia
· Bachelor degree in Mechanical Eng or mechanical related discipline or an equivalent combination of education, training or experience.
· With 5 years in management role.
Preferred location based in Shenzhen facility.
Travel to Mold Tooling Suppliers and Asia Regional facilities expected.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access https://careers.jabil.com/ site as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to Always_Accessible@Jabil.com or by calling 1.727.803.7515 with the nature of your request and contact information. Please do not direct any other general employment related questions to this e-mail or phone number. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address and/or phone number.