Under indirect supervision, responsible for operating manual and automated manufacturing equipment and basic material handling duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Operate manufacturing processes to ensure on time shipments of a quality product, working in an efficient manner and maximize output.
- Perform routine equipment checks and operation.
- Coordinate with other team members to set up machines and perform changeovers.
- Check quality of product from manufacturing processes and notify other team members of anomalies.
- Move materials between the workstation and staging / storage areas as needed.
- Maintain orderly work area, and clean area and machines as needed.
- Maintain necessary documentation such as production forms and checklists.
- May perform basic quality auditing, testing, and troubleshooting functions.
- Work direction may additionally be communicated verbally, through visual aids, or electronic communication.
- Adhere to all safety and health rules and regulations associated with this position and as directed by supervisor.
- Comply and follow all procedures within the company security policy.
High school diploma or equivalent required; and six months to one-year experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Must be able to obtain and maintain all required job related certifications.
Ability to operate a personal computer including using a Windows based operating system and related software. Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Read and understand visual aids/ work instructions.
Must be able to calculate quantity of parts to be prepped and ready for use at any time. Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10's and 100's.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out simple one- or two-step instructions. Ability to deal with standardized situations with only occasional or no variables.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Individual may be required to sit, stand or walk for extended periods. Reaching, pulling and pushing is mandatory, as is lifting of up to 35 lbs.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Individual’s primary workstation is located on the manufacturing floor. The noise level in the work environment requires hearing protection
If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access Jabil.com/Careers site as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to Always_Accessible@Jabil.com or by calling 1.727.803.7515 with the nature of your request and contact information. Please do not direct any other general employment related questions to this e-mail or phone number. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address and/or phone number.