Using established procedures is responsible for new engineering design, able to extract requirements and determine steps to implement reference design implementation or design modifications of existing product. An Engineer II will have a good understanding of design process, able to develop & execute validation test plans and proficient in at least one CAD tool associated with their discipline.
Design Engineer (Software)
To independently design, develop, document, debug and test software and/or firmware on hardware platforms. Should have a good understanding of C# and .Net and the ability to write, test and debug code independently. Experience with TwinCAT PLC programming, or the SEMI industry standards (GEM300) is desired.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· (Software) Competent in at least one but familiar with multiple high level programming languages & compiler and experienced in the use of specific In-circuit emulators.
· (Software) Solid, demonstrated programming and debugging skills.
· (ALL) Meet the requirements of Design Engineer I
· Work with manager and/or PM to provide information that will aid in the initial quoting process.
· Be responsible for directing the Design Engineer I and Technicians on their assigned projects.
· Provide technical support for all manufacturing builds including engineering prototypes, NPI & production releases.
· Stay abreast of the latest technology and techniques to provide designs that are competitive and cost effective.
· Comply and follow all procedures within the company security policy.
· May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistics, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables. Ability to develop mathematical models of physical reality and solve them, then implement the results.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
· Bachelor's degree in Engineering from an accredited four-year college or university
· Minimum of 3-4 years of related experience and/or training
· Minimum of 2 years experience as a Design Engineer I
· Specific requirements as defined by market sector
· Or an equivalent combination of education, training or experience.
Requires C# and .Net experience. Experience with TwinCAT PLC programming and with SEMI industry standards is desired.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access https://careers.jabil.com/ site as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to Always_Accessible@Jabil.com or by calling 1.727.803.7515 with the nature of your request and contact information. Please do not direct any other general employment related questions to this e-mail or phone number. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address and/or phone number.