Responsible for managing injection mold projects through quoting, mold design, construction, debugging, process development, and qualification. Participate in development programs with part and mold design reviews as they relate to Design for Manufacture (DFM)/ Design for Assembly (DFA) and mold configuration.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Manage various aspects of mold development including, but not limited to; design reviews, fabrication and qualification related to prototype and pilot molds.
· Act as a tooling lead by participating in part design reviews as they relate to manufacturability and tool viability.
· Act as a primary point of contact between the department and tooling vendors.
· Development of program driven mold specifications and solicitation of quotes from tooling vendors. Preparation of purchase requisitions and order placement within the purchasing systems.
· Provide tooling cost estimates in support of assigned RFQ's.
· Development and maintenance of tooling construction timelines in MS Project.
· Preparation of tooling status reports for both customers and internal use.
· Manage integration of customer expectations/requirements in the areas of mold design, cavitation, prototyping and Moldflow analysis.
· Assist with mold supplier evaluations for the Approved Supplier List.
· Manage tooling designs to conform to Jabil’s established standards.
· Support development of part handling and metrology requirements and the requisite tooling and fixtures.
· May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree required.
- Degree in Engineering preferred.
- OR completion of an accredited Four year Tool and Die apprenticeship program;
- Minimum of 5 years experience on the bench and have achieved the status of Class A journeyman.
- Possess project management skills including scheduling and resource allocation forecasting
- Or an equivalent combination of education, training or experience.
- Good command of English communication skills
- Possess a thorough understanding of the mold making process from start to finish and have experience managing this process.
- Familiar with all aspects of molding plastics and sheet metal parts
- Knowledgeable in troubleshooting mold issues and die issues.
- Expertise in injection molding parameter setting and Scientific Injection Molding process preferred
- Proficiency in use of personal computers, Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word and Powerpoint).
- Proficiency with ProE or SolidWorks.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access https://careers.jabil.com/ site as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to Always_Accessible@Jabil.com or by calling 1.727.803.7515 with the nature of your request and contact information. Please do not direct any other general employment related questions to this e-mail or phone number. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address and/or phone number.