Jabil EMS Ireland (Electronic Manufacturing Services), based in Blanchardstown Dublin 15, are hiring an IT Applications Administrator to join our IT Department. The role will require maintaining & supporting existing business system applications: bespoke and off the shelf. In addition to the above, the role will require the generation and maintenance of reports.
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- IT focal point for applications and bespoke systems.
- Provide leadership in IT projects for both Customers and Vendors.
- Examine, interpret and modify SQL queries and stored procedures.
- Develop & execute test plans.
- Work closely with DBA and BA team to develop and deploy Custom reports.
- Write functional specifications of user needs for application development, enhancements, and testing.
- Analyze user requirements, procedures, and problems to improve existing systems.
- Implement Change Management best practices related to applications and services.
- Handle all incidents and requests related to Application, database issues.
- Interact with functional resource to understand &/or clarify requirements.
- Develop process and procedures, develop documentation related to local application support.
- Work with senior programmers to prepare technical specifications for more complex projects.
- Provide technical assistance and support to operations and business unit staff.
- Participate in the exchange of ideas and information within the department.
- Identify creative ways to reduce cost by streamlining processes and systems.
- Drive continuous improvement through trend reporting analysis and metrics management.
- Assure that procedures and work instructions are efficient and not redundant.
- Offer new ideas and suggestions for improvement. Identify and implement new practices and processes that are “best in field”.
- Demonstrate a commitment to customer service; anticipate, meet and exceed expectations by solving problems quickly and effectively; making customer issues a priority.
- Confer with reporting manager on complex or unusual situations.
- Establish new measurement systems if/where possible.
- Exchange knowledge and information with other Jabil facilities to ensure best practices are shared throughout the Jabil organization.
- Drive adherence to all company policies and procedures.
- Maintain discretion and confidentiality in all areas pertaining to data and proprietary information, whether internal to Jabil or customer specific.
- Interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
- Understand and embrace the business and IT strategic direction.
- Adhere to all safety and health rules and regulations associated with this position and as directed by supervisor.
- Comply and follow all procedures within the company security policy.
- May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Highly motivated and enthusiastic individual with strong communication and interpersonal skills and ability to work with cross functional teams.
- Strong planning & organisational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to manage deadlines.
- Proficiency in the English language is a requirement alongside eligibility to work in Ireland.
- Proven ability to meet deadlines.
- A “can do” work ethic with excellent problem-solving skills.
- Third level qualification in Technology/Computer Science/Electronics.
- 3-5 years’ experience in IT System Administration
- Good working knowledge of standard computer operating systems, i.e. Microsoft, Unix.
- Understanding of database objects, tables, views, keys, indexes, stored procedures.
- Understanding of software design methodologies.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server.
- Knowledge of Microsoft operating system and networks.
- Knowledge of SAP and IDOC processing.
- Good logical, analytical & mathematical skills.
- Advanced PC skills
- Experience in electronic manufacturing environment is highly desirable.
- Experience in leading process improvements / lean manufacturing activities in a manufacturing environment is advantageous.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access https://careers.jabil.com/ site as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to Always_Accessible@Jabil.com or by calling 1.727.803.7515 with the nature of your request and contact information. Please do not direct any other general employment related questions to this e-mail or phone number. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address and/or phone number.