Working under limited supervision, performs complex maintenance and repairs on electrical, mechanical, pneumatic and/or hydraulic plant equipment and machinery.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Performs routine preventive maintenance and emergency mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic, and electrical maintenance on production systems and equipment, using knowledge of circuitry, electronics, electrical-mechanical devices, motors, wiring diagrams, schematics, and blueprints.
- Trouble shoots, repairs, aligns, calibrates, inspects, and tests a variety of production systems and equipment.
- Sets up assembly line equipment within established parameters.
- Assists in installing new equipment and in moving equipment to new locations.
- Disassembles machines and parts and adjusts repairs or replaces defective parts and materials.
- Uses a variety of basic hand and power tools and equipment including hand drill, bench grinder and band saw.
- Instructs Production Team on proper use of equipment.
- Maintains appropriate maintenance and repair logs.
- Cleans and lubricates parts and equipment as scheduled.
- Learns all aspects of machine maintenance and becomes cross-trained in all areas of molding/assembly equipment.
- Requisitions parts needed for completion of preventive maintenance responsibilities.
- Support all company safety and quality programs and initiatives.
- Other responsibilities may be assigned from time to time as needed, based on the evolution of the company and the requirements of the department/position.
High School Diploma/GED and 6 years of related experience or Associates Degree in related discipline and 4 years of related experience.
- Requires a solid understanding of mechanical, electrical, and pneumatic principles and systems.
- Solid knowledge of mechanical equipment and electrical and hydraulic drawings. Experience in mechanical and electrical troubleshooting, diagnosis and repair.
- Ability to read and write English and interpret documents such as technical manuals, blueprints, safety rules, operating instructions and procedure manuals.
- Knowledge and ability to use relevant hand tools in the repair of equipment.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Minimum five (5) to eight (8) years prior work experience in electro-mechanical equipment in a manufacturing environment required.
- Experience working with injection molding equipment preferred.
- Or an equivalent combination of education, training, or experience.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access https://careers.jabil.com/ site as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to Always_Accessible@Jabil.com or by calling 1.727.803.7515 with the nature of your request and contact information. Please do not direct any other general employment related questions to this e-mail or phone number. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address and/or phone number.