Jabil EMS (Electronic Manufacturing Services) Ireland, based in Blanchardstown Dublin 15, are looking for an experienced Inventory Control Manager to join our Inventory Control and Site Materials Department. The Inventory Control Manager will ensure that all inventory items are properly identified and readily accessible in accordance with the organizations inventory cycle. This role requires a good working knowledge of all processes of Materials and Inventory Control and will work in a leadership role supporting the Site Materials Manager. This role requires the ability to lead and motivate a group to meet the daily operations as defined in the Inventory Control procedures; total team size currently 16 people with Material Handlers reporting directly to IC Group Leaders.
Key Responsibilities and End Results:
- To supervise Inventory Control Group Leaders across morning and evening shifts ensure all site Safety, Security, Quality, Productivity and Waste management objectives, policies and procedures are met.
- Participates at daily meetings and ensures detailed communication across shifts, priorities, ongoing issues, and any potential request for support.
- Leads and motivates a team of people to succeed by utilizing appropriate interpersonal styles including leading by example, setting objectives, defining responsibilities to give a clear sense of direction.
- Highlight performance and training issues as appropriate to maximize performance of all employees while ensuring cross training and flexibility of staff to support these changes in production priorities especially during peak periods.
- Maintain timekeeping and records on TMS in a timely manner for payroll purposes.
- Manages the recruitment and training of new inventory control employees.
- Assist in drive for shortest processing time possible on all received material and continually improve the processing time performance.
- Assure that all tools, equipment, and visual aids necessary for efficient and accurate completion of pertinent tasks are in proper working order and of the latest revision.
- Provide frequent and accurate feedback to the Materials Manager to assist with problem solving associated with schedules, equipment, documentation.
- Responsible for supporting the Materials Manager in preparation of materials budget and forecast and escalate if targets are above or below budget.
- Analyzes daily product and supply levels to anticipate inventory problems / shortages and communicates with Purchasing Department as needed regarding new items, changes of location, counts, etc. and devise strategies to reduce cost and optimize inventory control procedures.
- Supports continuous improvement and lean manufacturing activities as required.
- Implements and sustain 5S activities and standards
- Leads the sites Cycle programme and ensure a high level of accuracy by performing root cause analysis & process improvements.
- Responsible or Site level Inventory KPI’s
- Lead the twice yearly, Physical Inventories & reconciliation process.
- Ensure adherence to company policies and procedures.
- Lead by example, ensuring safe work practices are always maintained in line with company policies.
- Highly motivated and enthusiastic individual with strong communication and interpersonal skills and ability to work with cross functional teams.
- Strong planning, organizational skills, and attention to detail.
- Proven ability to meet deadlines.
- A “can do” work ethic with excellent problem-solving skills.
- Strong knowledge of global and regional logistics operations and industry.
- Strong proficiency in determining logistics requirements to enable company’s business goals and objectives with ability to devise and implement strategy to achieve targets.
- Strong financial and analytical ability. Proficiency in managing business analytics to determine optimum company footprint.
- Strong knowledge of international direct and indirect taxes as well as global customs regimes.
- Proven track record of successful change management accomplishments, implementing and management continuous productivity and cost reduction programs.
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Business, Logistics, Systems Engineering, Supply Chain Management or similar. May substitute experience in lieu of educational requirements.
- 5+ years’ experience working in Inventory Control / Supply Chain including 2 years in a supervisory / people management role.
- Experience working with inventory management software and forecasting strategies (ERP)
- Previous experience managing inventory in SAP highly advantageous.
- Previous experience in preparing materials budget and forecasting.
- Experience conducting tracking and data analysis.
- Experience in electronic manufacturing environment.
- Experience in leading process improvements / lean manufacturing activities in a manufacturing environment is advantageous.
- Product and inventory management certification a plus
- Relevant qualifications (e.g., CPIM) will be a plus
If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access https://careers.jabil.com/ site as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to Always_Accessible@Jabil.com or by calling 1.727.803.7515 with the nature of your request and contact information. Please do not direct any other general employment related questions to this e-mail or phone number. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address and/or phone number.