Jabil is looking for a dynamic and self-motivated attorney to join our Commercial legal team as a Corporate Counsel. In this role, you will partner with and support Jabil Healthcare business teams on a variety of commercial transactions and advise on other business-related legal subjects. The ideal candidate will have experience in the medical device manufacturing industry and with drafting and negotiating various types of complex commercial agreements, ranging from customer supply and manufacturing agreements to development and license agreements.
- Draft, review, negotiate and ultimately manage the lifecycle of a wide range of commercial agreements including, manufacturing service agreements, technical service agreements, statements of work, quality agreements, professional service agreements, consulting agreements, license agreements, purchase and supply agreements and other complex commercial agreements.
- Develop a deep understanding of Jabil Healthcare’s business model and provide practical advice on legal, business and operational matters.
- Develop strategic business relationships with internal business clients and Jabil’s external customers.
- Collaborate with other practice areas within the Jabil Legal Department.
- Function independently within a dynamic corporate environment.
- Quickly and concisely analyze and summarize complicated legal documents and issues for internal clients and functional leaders.
- Manage outside counsel when external advice is sought in relation to business issues.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Occasional travel required (including overseas).
- J.D. with excellent academic credentials from an accredited law school. Admitted to practice law in at least one U.S. state bar.
- 3-6 years of experience in handling commercial contracts, with a strong background in intellectual property and commercial law. Mix of law firm and in-house experience preferred. Experience in the medical device or pharmaceutical industries preferred, but not essential.
- Strong drafting, negotiation, and analytical skills for various types of commercial contracts, including leading negotiations and handling commercial contract disputes and dispute resolution.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written).
- Demonstrated ability to work efficiently, prioritize workflow, meet demanding deadlines, and manage multi-faceted projects in a fast-paced environment.
- Sound and practical legal and business judgment; creative, positive and collaborative approach to problem solving.
- Ability to work independently while being able to contribute successfully to cross-functional teams.
- Proven track record of learning quickly, taking initiative, working proactively, being resourceful and taking on additional responsibility.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access https://careers.jabil.com/ site as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to Always_Accessible@Jabil.com or by calling 1.727.803.7515 with the nature of your request and contact information. Please do not direct any other general employment related questions to this e-mail or phone number. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address and/or phone number.