The Software Test Engineer I assists in delivering integrated hardware/software solutions to customers including automated production test platforms and embedded designs. The development of Windows and web applications are created to support a wide range of customer/manufacturing requirements. The Software Test Engineer I is a self-motivated engineer who is capable of building and maintaining software applications that support diverse requirements. This role will become part of a highly skilled development organization with a focus on the delivery of high reliability, integrated hardware/software solutions designed to improve Jabil’s internal and external manufacturing processes while enhancing the user experience.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Design, develop, and troubleshoot software applications (C# and .NET).
· Design, develop, and troubleshoot test scripts.
· Develop test instrumentation libraries and submit them along with full documentation to the Senior and Principal Software Test Engineers for review.
· Assist in developing and maintaining databases.
· Assist in development, enhancement and support of database applications.
· Assist in data reporting from databases.
· Participate in regular code reviews with Senior and Principal Software Test Engineers.
· Troubleshoot and provide bug fixes for production released software.
· Install, monitor, and manage file and web application servers under the direction of the Senior and Principal Software Test Engineers.
· Assist the Project Manager as well as Senior and Principal Software Test Engineers by providing information that will aid in the software development quoting process.
· Communicate with team members to clarify design requirements and overcome obstacles in order to meet organizational goals.
· Provide input to identify and mitigate technical project risks.
· Participate in regular project reviews with the Principal Software Test Engineer, Project Manager and key project stakeholders.
· Use software versioning and revision control system (such as Subversion) to maintain current and historical versions of all code projects.
· Collaborate with the IT team to complete projects.
· Provide a complete data package to the Project Manager consisting of project requirements, design documentation, and source code.
· Follow department processes and procedures.
· Comply with company security and safety policies.
· May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
· Demonstrate a working knowledge and demonstrated ability to handle all stages of SDLC.
· Knowledge and strong experience with TCP/IP networking.
· Demonstrate a working technical knowledge in database design, administration and development.
· Experience developing scripts in JabilTest, LabVIEW, LabWindows, Tcl, Perl, Python, or UNIX shell.
· Experience developing Windows applications in C# and .NET technologies.
· Understand the concept of multitasking or multi-threaded applications.
· Understand the concept of critical regions as well as methods to protect and avoid critical regions.
· Experience using software versioning and revision control systems.
· Positive team player attitude with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
· High level of motivation to learn new software technologies that will enhance job performance.
· Fundamental understanding of server configuration & management.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access https://careers.jabil.com/ site as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to Always_Accessible@Jabil.com with the nature of your request and contact information. Please do not direct any other general employment related questions to this e-mail. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.