A Sr. Engineer will have a defined area of expertise either in a particular competency or industry. They will have mastered technology specific to their area of competence. Will be able to convey technical solutions to other engineers and to business personnel. Will have a good understanding of multiple CAD packages and cross functional design implications. Capable of being the lead engineer involved in a cross functional team. They will be able to drive cross functional project teams in solving technical problems and overcoming hurdles that may affect project timelines. Will have previous experience of releasing a product into a manufacturing production environment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Meet the requirements of Design Engineer III
· Would be considered a SME (Subject Matter Expert) in their field of competency.
· Will represent Jabil Design Services in technical customer discussions / meetings.
· Work with Project Managers and Lead Design Engineer in the quoting process
· Provide technical input to help identify and solve project risks that may affect overall project plans and schedules.
· Is expected to support the development and utilization of processes for design/VAVE.
· At the appropriate process phase gates, provide a complete design package to be entered into our PDM system consisting of requirements and design documentation, databases, BOM’s, etc. /provide complete VAVE proposal to be submitted to the customer consisting of detailed proposals, models/simulations/schematics, BOM’s etc.
· Participate in all elements of design/VAVE engineering including design reviews and design verification, supply chain & supplier interaction, transfer to design/manufacturing.
· Mentoring design engineers I,II & III, technicians and ECAD designers
· Provide onsite technical support for all manufacturing builds including engineering prototypes, NPI & production releases.
· Stay abreast of the latest technology and techniques to provide designs that are competitive and cost effective.
· May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistics, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables. Ability to develop mathematical models of physical reality and solve them, then implement the results.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
· Bachelors degree in Engineering from an accredited four-year college or university
· Minimum of 7-8 years of related experience and/or training
· Minimum of 2 years experience as a Design Engineer III
· Specific requirements as defined by the market sector
· Or an equivalent combination of education, training or experience.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access https://careers.jabil.com/ site as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to Always_Accessible@Jabil.com or by calling 1.727.803.7515 with the nature of your request and contact information. Please do not direct any other general employment related questions to this e-mail or phone number. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address and/or phone number.