To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This job description reflects the general duties of the job, but is not a detailed description of all duties that may be inherent to the position. Jabil may assign reasonably related additional duties to individual employees, consistent with company policies.
The Senior Cost Accountant will provide accurate and timely reporting of Sales and Material Costs. Focus is on actuals and month-end close, but assists in the forecast process as needed to understand how actuals align with targets and support the forecast process. Subject Matter Expert in resolution of business and financial issues for Business Development and Operations Management. Works under informal supervision with output monitored periodically by Controller. Errors can cause serious and far-ranging delay, expense and disruption
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Drives month-end close
- Performs key account reconciliations (i.e. Production Inventory Consumed; Inventory Adjustment; Scrap; Inventory Deposit; Consignment; AR and AP Adjustment; Etc.)
- Reviews and completes Purchase Price Variance (PPV) review
- Reviews and completes Backflush review
- Reviews and updates customer Consignment and Inventory Deposits
- Manages Goods In Transit
- Updates, Manages, and Reports Margin Analysis with Business Unit Team
- Performs key JEs (i.e. Inventory Revaluation; Consignment/Deposit Adj.; PPV Adj.; Backflush Adj.; Revenue Recognition, etc.)
- JE Review and Approval
- Misc. Accruals
- Executes misc. reporting (i.e. SPV; Reserves; Headcount; Square Footage, etc.)
- Sets up forecast review files
- Drives forecast meetings, reviewing entries in light of historical averages
- Rate Calculations
- Material Handling Calculations
- Misc. forecast variance review
- Manages Inventory Revaluations
- Costing Runs
- Manages Excess and Obsolete Material
- Vendor, Cost Center, and Profit Center Setup
- AP and Purchasing Assistance
- Audit and Controls Assistance
- Works safely at all times and complies with Environmental Health and Safety standards and work practices along with all other work rules
- Strong Finance knowledge – (P&L / BS)
- Significant Month-End Close Experience (3+ years)***
- Strong Presentation skills***
- Know how to put data together in a detailed, but simple form.
- Ability to present to management, and across multiple functions.
- Excellent PowerPoint and Excel Skills***
- Accountable / Independent / Problem Solver
- Desire to progress and grow***
- Positive / Can Do Attitude***
- TM1 Experience
- Cognos Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration with an emphasis on Accounting OR equivalent education and training required.
- Minimum of six years of relevant professional experience required, including at least two years experience in a lead role preferred.
- Solid understanding of accounting principles
- Advanced reading, writing and math skills required (i.e., 12th grade level)
- Advanced PC skills (i.e., keyboarding skills, function key usage, advanced mouse usage, opening, closing, moving, and deleting programs, folders and files using MS Windows)
- Must possess strong analytical, problem-solving and self-editing skills.
- Can: Adapt Quickly, Work with Multiple Deliverables, Work under pressure, Work under Strict Time Deadlines
- Advanced Excel skills
- SAP Experience
If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access https://careers.jabil.com/ site as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to Always_Accessible@Jabil.com or by calling 1.727.803.7515 with the nature of your request and contact information. Please do not direct any other general employment related questions to this e-mail or phone number. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address and/or phone number.