ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Responsibility for building testers, fixtures and environmental test chambers to the specification standards required
· Repairs testers, fixtures in accordance with the fault logging and down time system. Responsibility for diagnosing the fault and
cause of fault and driving appropriate corrective actions to ensure minimal reoccurrence of failures
· Documents all repairs and improvements on test equipments.
· Monitors all testers for intermittencies and reduces them in accordance with targets set.
· Provides support to Operations and the Test Engineers through participation in the continuous improvement effort and
promotion of a "Quality First" mentality.
· Supports and maintains the component programming facility and the label printing equipment.
· Controls and maintains the equipment maintenance and calibration system in accordance with ISO requirements. Responsibility
for scheduling and execution of maintenance on time and to the correct standards. Responsibility for development of
Preventative maintenance program development for each element of test equipment.
· Controls and maintains the part numbering system for all test equipment's and spares and will be responsible for establishing a
min/max level for all spares required.
· May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
MANAGEMENT & SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES
· Typically reports to Management. Direct supervisor job title(s) typically include: Test Support Supervisor
· Job is NOT directly responsible for managing other employees (e.g., hiring/termination and/or pay decisions, performance
· Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general
· Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
· Ability to operate a personal computer including using a Windows based operating system and related software.
· Advanced PC skills, including training and knowledge of Jabil’s software packages.
· Ability to write simple correspondence. Read and understand visual aid.
· Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out simple one- or two-step instructions.
· Ability to deal with standardized situations with only occasional or no variables.
· Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
· Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
· Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret graphs.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
· High school diploma required.
· Plus 1 or more years experience troubleshooting to component level using schematics or hardware specs.
· Or an equivalent combination of education, training or experience.
· Regular business hours. Some additional hours may be required.
· Travel requirements: Domestic and/or Global, up to 25%
· Climate controlled office environment during normal business hours.
Domain Capability Competency Characteristics
CULTURE Customer Intimacy Empowerment & Accountability Continuous Improvement Understands her/his customers’ expectations; Works towards delighting the customers; Handles customers effectively and proactively anticipates their needs Steps up to the challenges and tasks assigned; builds relationships of trust with team members; accepts responsibility for her/his own performance and actions Constantly seeks to improve work processes; Has a quality-first mentality; Learns from internal and external best practices to apply to her/his work
STRATEGY Vision & Purpose Perspective Learning on the Fly Understands the vision of the company; Knows how her/his work contributes to the business strategies; Prioritizes her/his work against what is important to the business Understands how future trends will affect how our business operates; Able to share the company’s directions with others; Seeks to understand other business functions beyond her/his own Understands her/his function’s strengths and weakness, opportunities and threats; Seeks exposure to new ideas and faces new problems with ease; Consistently looks for novel ways to solve new problems
RESULTS Innovation Management Decision Quality Drive for Results Challenges the way things have always been done; Looks at problems, processes and solutions in new ways; Stimulates creative ideas and experimentation in others Clearly defines complex issues despite incomplete or ambiguous information; Evaluates the benefits, costs, and risks of alternatives before making decisions; Applies accurate logic and common sense in making decisions Focuses time and energy on the most important issues; Is consistently good at getting the right things done; Demonstrates and fosters a sense of urgency and strong commitment to achieving goals
PEOPLE Develop Today’s Talent Motivate Others Actively provides feedback to others for their development; Influences others to take on new and challenging assignments; Develops and coaches others in areas of her/his expertise; Delegates tasks to stretch team members for their development Able to motivate others to get the best out of them; Recognizes team members for their contributions; Creates a work environment that is upbeat and supportive
SELF Self Knowledge Is aware of personal strengths and weaknesses; Makes time to pursue personal interests while maintaining energy and passion for the job; Recovers quickly from setbacks; Gains insights from mistakes
Cross Cultural Agility Integrity & Trust Masters new jobs, information, and situations quickly and effectively; Demonstrates ability to work effectively across cultures; Is not judgmental about differences Can be trusted; Admits mistakes; Is seen as a direct, truthful individual; Does not misrepresent himself or herself for personal gains; Treats everyone with humanity, justice, and temperance, even under stressful circumstances
Sitting Up to 7 hour(s) per day Lifting Up to .5 hour(s) per day, up to 50 max. lbs.^
Walking Up to 2 hour(s) per day Pushing/Pulling Up to .5 hour(s) per day, up to 50 max. lbs^
Standing Up to 4 hour(s) per day Climbing: Up to .5 hour(s) per day
Bending/Squatting/Stooping Up to 1 hour(s) per day Stairs Up to .5 hour(s) per day
Reaching Up to 2 hour(s) per day Ladder Will not generally apply
Balancing Will not generally apply Step-stool Will not generally apply
Twisting Up to 1 hour(s) per day Excessive heat exposure Will not generally apply
Crawling Will not generally apply Excessive cold exposure Will not generally apply
Hands in water Will not generally apply Dust exposure Will not generally apply
Kneeling Up to 1 hour(s) per day Loud Noise exposure Will not generally apply
Data Entry/Typing Up to 4 hour(s) per day Humidity exposure Will not generally apply
Unusual hearing or vision demands: None specified
^Other physical demands or notes: Employees should not attempt to lift, pull or push a load in excess of 50 lbs. without assistance. Care should
always be taken when lifting, pushing or pulling in an awkward position.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access https://careers.jabil.com/ site as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to Always_Accessible@Jabil.com or by calling 1.727.803.7515 with the nature of your request and contact information. Please do not direct any other general employment related questions to this e-mail or phone number. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address and/or phone number.