The Social Media and Content Coordinator is responsible for the day-to-day management of Jabil’s corporate social media channels, including LinkedIn and Facebook. This position executes on the company’s strategy to leverage social media platforms to further Jabil’s goals and elevate the company’s reputation across industries. In addition to creating content specifically for social media, this individual will provide search engine optimization (SEO) support for the Jabil Blog.
This person will also work closely across the wider communications and brand strategy team to ensure that the content is engaging and consistent across all social media platforms. The ideal person for this role should have superb writing skills, show a keen eye for detail and be highly creative. Having an interest in the technologies that are transforming the world are a plus. In an average week, the individual in this role can expect to dedicate 60% of their time to content creation and social media management, 20% to SEO and 20% to support activities related to public relations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Write and edit content for social media consumption, covering a variety of topics including company culture, business news and technology trends
- Manage corporate social media channels, including LinkedIn, Facebook and Instagram.
- Coordinate and effectively prioritize a content calendar that takes into account business goals, the urgency of news and Jabil’s brand
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and campaign-based social media reports that tracks to Jabil’s goals and pivots strategy as needed
- Provide support in the implementation, day-to-day management and adoption of Jabil’s employee advocacy tool
- Support search engine optimization (SEO) efforts for the Jabil Blog, implementing best practices to keep our content competitive
- Keep up-to-date with B2B social media content trends, SEO changes and advancements in technology.
- Proactively identify new and enhanced ways for the Communications Department to support Jabil’s employee and business needs.
- Coordinate additional projects in support of Jabil’s employee and business needs, as needed.
- May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
JOB QUALIFICATIONS AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor's degree in journalism, communications, marketing or a similar field.
- 1-3 years of experience in social media content creation and management, corporate communications, marketing or a similar field.
- Excellent writing skills, with expertise focused on producing engaging, quality, AP-Style materials that deliver the intended message(s).
- Experience using CMS platforms (Magnolia, Sitecore, Wordpress) to build web pages and social media management tools (SproutSocial, Hootsuite)
- Excellent verbal communication and interpersonal skills to work with a wide range of individuals/groups from culturally diverse audiences.
- Ability to manage multiple initiatives and projects in a fast-paced environment, while sticking to deadlines.
- Ability to use a variety of personal computer software applications, including Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook.
- Background in manufacturing, supply chain or similar field a plus.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access https://careers.jabil.com/ site as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to Always_Accessible@Jabil.com or by calling 1.727.803.7515 with the nature of your request and contact information. Please do not direct any other general employment related questions to this e-mail or phone number. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address and/or phone number.