Jabil Brandywine campus is located in West Chester, PA. We are proud to manufacture Medical Devices for orthopedic specialties including trauma, spine, and specialty implants for leading medical technology companies. Our employees are honored to work together with industry leading companies to make a difference in the lives of patients around the world.
· The inspection of in-house and vendor purchased products, raw material and services.
· The inspection of packaging and labeling materials used for medical devices.
· Performs DHR review and “Release to Branch Plant” function including document verification and recording incoming inspection inventory.
POSITION DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Inspects incoming, in process and finished products and material for visual, mechanical, and dimensional characteristics, using inspection sheets and applicable sampling plans.
· Prepares necessary documentation and ensures paperwork compliance on all inspected items.
· Assist in training of co-workers in new or improved techniques in areas of experience.
· Assists in identification and segregation of non-conforming materials/products.
· Works from inspection documentation, specifications, blue prints, written and verbal instruction.
· Performs “Roving Auditor” function involving inspection of product in a Manufacturing Flow Cell.
· Performs other related duties as required.
DHR Review Function:
· Performs Device History Review Inspection and final release of product to inventory control/warehouse.
· Performs filing and supports the imaging and verification process for Device History Records and other Quality System documentation.
· Know and follow all laws and policies that apply to one’s job, and maintain the highest levels of professionalism, ethics and compliance at all times.
· Diligently participate in our compliance program-related activities as denoted by your supervisor or our Chief Compliance Officer.
· Demonstrates strong initiative
· Exhibits positive attitude
· Cooperative attitude and inspires teamwork
· Leads by example
· Requests feedback and utilizes it to improve
· Drives cultural change
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
· High school diploma or equivalent.
· ASQ (American Society for Quality) courses desirable.
· Zero to one year experience utilizing inspection techniques in Medical device or Pharmaceutical Industry.
· Experience with MRP/ERP systems, preferred.
· Ability to read and interpret measuring instruments, including but not limited to: calipers, micrometers, dial indicators, optical comparators, plug gauges, hardness testers, etc.
· Good math skills, color verification and good hand/eye coordination.
· Ability to communicate and work with various functional groups in a team environment.
· Ability to learn PC applications required.
· Lifting weight up to 20 pounds on regular basis and up to 50 pounds on occasional basis.
· Must be able to stand for scheduled work hours, if necessary.
· High level of concentration and attention to detail required ensuring products are properly labeled and packaged according to internal quality requirements.
· Vision in both eyes must be at least 20/30 or correctable to 20/30 and capable of color verification.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access https://careers.jabil.com/ site as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to Always_Accessible@Jabil.com or by calling 1.727.803.7515 with the nature of your request and contact information. Please do not direct any other general employment related questions to this e-mail or phone number. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address and/or phone number.