The Global Supply Chain Manager for Supplier Development Engineering is responsible for developing and deploying the Supplier Development activities required to support the division. This position may include situational analysis, strategy development and guidance in implementation for the functional disciplines of supply chain development. These strategies should support the individual customer’s needs and be complementary to Jabil’s overall Supply Chain Management goals. The Global Supply Chain Manager works under the guidance of the Director Supply Chain Management and provides leadership and strategic direction to the Supplier Development Engineering Team and the division.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
LEADERSHIP AND MANAGEMENT RESPONSIBILITIES
- Staff the global supply chain team to meet the objectives of Jabil and the customer.
- Establish and communicate the expectations of each global position in terms of the mission and goals of the business unit.
- Communicate criteria to recruiters.
Employee and Team Development:
- Identify individual and team strengths and development needs on an ongoing basis.
- Create and/or validate training curriculum in area of responsibility.
- Coach and mentor team members to deliver excellence to every internal and external customer.
- Assist with the creation and management of succession plans as requested.
- Establish clear measurable goals and objectives by which to determine individual and team results (i.e. SCM metrics, results against project timelines, training documentation, knowledge of operational roles and responsibilities, personal development goals).
- Solicit ongoing feedback from Business Unit Management, Commodity Management, Materials Management, peers and team members on team member’s contribution to the team. Provide ongoing coaching and counseling to team members based on feedback.
- Express pride in the team and encourage them to feel good about their accomplishments.
- Influence and assist in performing team member evaluations professionally and on time.
- Drive individuals and the team to continuously improve in key metrics and the achievement of the organizational goals.
- Coordinate activities of teams and keep them focused in times of crises.
- Influence and assist with ensuring recognition and rewards are managed fairly and consistently in area of responsibility.
- Provide periodic communication forum for the exchange of ideas and information with the team.
- Organize verbal and written ideas clearly and use an appropriate business style.
- Ask questions; encourage input from staff.
- Assess communication style of individual team members and adapt own communication style accordingly.
SUPPLY CHAIN MANAGEMENT RESPONSIBILITIES
Business Strategy and Direction:
- Know and understand the Corporation’s strategic direction.
- Analyze the customer’s needs and develop an appropriate supply chain strategy that is in alignment with Jabil’s organizational goals.
- In concert with the Operations Materials Managers, educate the Business Unit’s factory workcells and champion implementation of the supply chain strategy.
- Identify creative ways to reduce cost by streamlining processes and systems (i.e. modification of responsibilities or consolidation of tasks, elimination of non-value-added processes or complete re-engineering of processes and systems).
- Define, develop, and make effective use of cost analysis tools.
- Provide feedback to staff on cost and cost trends.
Forecast Development and Accuracy:
- Participate in Jabil’s monthly forecast cycle with Business Unit Management and Operations Management as required.
TECHNICAL MANAGEMENT RESPONSIBILITIES
Supply Chain Management:
- Clearly and regularly communicate the Supplier Development Engineering strategy to Commodity Management, Operations Materials Management, Business Units, and customers to ensure that Jabil provides supply chain solutions that foster success.
- Identify and facilitate the qualification of new, alternate and/or localized suppliers for Business Unit Strategic commodities.
- In collaboration with Commodity Management, lead the effort to obtain full commodity and sourcing control of both Jabil Strategic and Business Unit Strategic commodities.
- Through early design involvement and qualification of alternate suppliers on existing products, promote the use of Jabil’s Strategic Suppliers.
- Focus on achievement of Jabil’s financial and operational goals.
- Continuously monitor and update Supplier Development processes to improve efficiency and quality while meeting regulatory requirements (as required).
- Demonstrate a commitment to customer service.
- Represent Jabil’s materials team in a professional manner during customer meetings, audits, presentations and conference calls.
- Anticipate and meet/exceed customer expectations by solving problems quickly and effectively. Make customer issues a priority.
- Serve as an escalation point for customer issues related to Supplier Development activities that cannot be resolved in a timely manner within the Workcell.
- Adhere to all safety and health rules and regulations associated with this position and as directed by supervisor.
- Comply and follow all procedures within the company security policy.
- May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
MANAGEMENT & SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Typically reports to Management/Director. Direct supervisor job title(s) typically include: Director Supply Chain Management
- Job is directly responsible for managing other employees (e.g., hiring/termination and/or pay decisions, performance management). Job title example(s) of employees directly supervised:
- Ability to read, analyze, interpret and communicate regarding common scientific and/or technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents.
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community.
- Ability to effectively present information to Business Unit Management, Customer, and other members of the Jabil materials community.
- Advanced PC skills, including training and knowledge of Jabil’s software packages.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume.
- Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Strong knowledge of global and regional logistics operations and industry.
- Strong proficiency in determining logistics requirements to enable company’s business goals and objectives with ability to devise and implement strategy to achieve targets.
- Strong financial and analytical ability. Proficiency in managing business analytics to determine optimum company footprint.
- Strong knowledge of international direct and indirect taxes as well as global customs regimes.
- Proven track record of successful change management accomplishments, implementing and management continuous productivity and cost reduction programs.
- Strong and convincing communication skills.
- Proficiency in use of personal computers, Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word and PowerPoint) and e-mail skills required.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Materials Logistics Management, or related discipline.
- Five to Ten years related experience.
- Domestic and international travel is required.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access https://careers.jabil.com/ site as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to Always_Accessible@Jabil.com or by calling 1.727.803.7515 with the nature of your request and contact information. Please do not direct any other general employment related questions to this e-mail or phone number. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address and/or phone number.