The Global Compliance and Regulatory Program Manager will be responsible management of the process by which agency compliance for Jabil electronics manufacturing service products is obtained, by developing and executing compliance programs, advising engineering concerning compliance requirements, maintaining product testing and qualification documentation, and managing compliance activities including third party audits and inspections. This position will work closely with domestic and overseas personnel in the US and EU to assure continued compliance of products when changes / updates are made to products.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
This is first and foremost a project/program management role where regulatory compliance knowledge is required
- Coordinate with regulatory agencies to certify new and revised products to applicable standards.
- Provide technical support to quotation, design, and manufacture.
- Understands and able to review the product hardware designs (schematic and layout) with respect to safety-critical function in order to create product submittal packages.
- Coordinate testing procedures and submit product test data, samples, and descriptive reports required for regulatory and agency certifications.
- Collaborate with Customer, Internal Engineering and Designer Partners to ensure products are compliant.
- Coordinate and support third party safety agency audits and follow up inspections of company operations and lab.
- Process product variation notices to ensure compliance with agency requirements, driving corrective action of non-conformances where applicable.
- Lead self-certifications and create DoCs to restricted substance compliance, low voltage directives, and other regulatory requirements.
- Acquire and maintain familiarity with agency standards applicable to our products (UL, CSA, IEC/EN, FCC, VCCI, CE, RoHS, WEEE, REACH, Lot 9, etc.).
- Updates job knowledge by tracking and understanding emerging compliance engineering practices and standards; participating in educational opportunities and professional organizations; reading professional publications.
- Keep departments up to date on new or revised regulatory requirements that are relevant to our clients products.
- Maintain product compliance records (internal and external)
- Maintain applicable agency approval identification to relevant product in company business system.
- Maintain Compliance Engineering procedures, work instructions, and forms.
- Maintain all documents and records within Jabil, Customer and Third party databases
- Work closely with domestic and overseas personnel to assure continued compliance of products when changes / updates are made to products.
- Manage multiple certification projects as new products are introduced, driving alignment to ensure all agency approval and product certifications are obtained within the customer’s communicated timelines.
- Serve as the company liaison with the customers, design partners and third party agencies.
- Work in conjunction with supply chain management and strategic purchasing operations to obtain regulatory information from suppliers for backup documentation for generation of internal documents.
- Planning and managing multiple projects with design partners, customer and compliance agencies to meet the respective project targets
- Assume additional responsibilities as assigned.
- Mechanical aptitude/ability to thoroughly understand the requirements of all applicable safety and product-related standards, domestic and foreign.
- Knowledge of regulatory codes and world wide regulatory requirements – (UL, CSA, IEC/EN, FCC, VCCI, CE, RoHS, WEEE, REACH, Lot 9, etc.)
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- 5+ years of experience in electronics design, manufacturing or controls compliance .
- Proven ability to work efficiently and proactively, prioritizing workflow, meet demanding deadlines, and manage projects in a fast-paced environment with little to no guidance or instruction on daily matters.
- Proven effective program management, organizational agility, analytical and creative thinking, and written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including communicating internationally. Will communicate frequently with the customer, global regulatory agencies, different nationalities in the English language and be required to have a great deal of patience and strong interpersonal skills.
- Compliance standards such as EMC55024, IEC60950-1, UL60730-1
- Working experience with regulatory agencies. ETL, UL, CSA, TUV, FCC, CE, KC, BIS, etc.
- Experience obtaining “Green” approvals is desirable, i.e. RoHS, REACH, WEEE, etc.
- Proven ability to utilize best practices and sound judgment to address identified compliance risk via the development and implementation of effective internal policies and/or procedures.
- Proven ability to coordinate projects in a complex environment to track and deliver measurable results.
- EMC compliance standards like CISPRxx, FCC, IC.
- Proficiency in use of personal computers, Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word and PowerPoint) and e-mail skills required.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access https://careers.jabil.com/ site as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to Always_Accessible@Jabil.com or by calling 1.727.803.7515 with the nature of your request and contact information. Please do not direct any other general employment related questions to this e-mail or phone number. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address and/or phone number.