Manages, controls and directs the functions of all aspects of Import/Export activities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Establishes and writes company policies and procedures to comply with applicable government requirements for import and export activity.
· Provides oversight and review of production contract application and closure processes with the Finance and Materials departments
· Ensures that import and export activities are monitored and reviewed for accuracy and in compliance with applicable national laws, regulations, rules, policies and procedures.
· Provides training on applicable governmental customs requirements and company policies and procedures for all import and export activities to all appropriate company departments and personnel.
· Establishes and maintains the level of relationship with governmental agencies responsible for foreign trade and customs required to communicate the company's commitment to compliance with all applicable governmental laws, regulations, policies and procedures.
· Ensures that governmental agencies responsible for foreign trade and customs are provided the level of information about the company it requires to perform its functions and formalities.
· Monitors proposed changes in import/export rules, policies, procedures, regulations and laws and assesses the impact of the proposed changes on the company's Customs business in the country.
· Ensures that all of Company's policies and procedures with respect to Import/Export adhere to applicable laws and regulations.
· Manages and coordinates activities and services provided by the Company's agents to ensure that all documentation and services provided are accurate and maintain the standards required by the Company.
· Delegates and organizes departmental workload according to project assignments and needs.
· May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
· Strong knowledge of global and regional logistics operations and industry.
· Strong proficiency in determining logistics requirements to enable company’s business goals and objectives with ability to devise and implement strategy to achieve targets.
· Strong financial and analytical ability. Proficiency in managing business analytics to determine optimum company footprint.
· Strong knowledge of international direct and indirect taxes as well as global customs regimes.
· Proven track record of successful change management accomplishments, implementing and management continuous productivity and cost reduction programs.
· Strong and convincing communication skills.
· Proficiency in use of personal computers, Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word and PowerPoint) and e-mail skills required.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
· Bachelor's Degree in Logistics.
· Ten to twelve years experience in relevant Jabil position with at least six to eight years experience in a management role in import/export operations in the country.
· Or a combination of education, experience and/or training.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access https://careers.jabil.com/ site as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to Always_Accessible@Jabil.com or by calling 1.727.803.7515 with the nature of your request and contact information. Please do not direct any other general employment related questions to this e-mail or phone number. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address and/or phone number.