Responsible for coordinating all commercial manufacturing support activities and projects within ABQ on existing and future processing flows to ensure timely receipt and execution of value added operations to enhance the customer support experience in our commercial support operations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Supervise multiple teams of production associates utilizing the concepts of associate involvement, while maintaining contact with all team members as individuals.
• Lead multi-functional support teams to ensure manufacturing deliverables are met.
• Lead, manage, motivate, and develop teams to meet customer demands, cycle time objectives, and other job result objectives.
• Utilize motivational strategies and the performance management system to ensure productions associates are meeting required performance levels.
• Following and administering company policies and procedures, e.g., GMP and ISO requirements to production and support associates.
• Coordinate staffing requirements; provide support team leadership, and training and development of production associates.
• Establish and negotiate manufacturing deliverables during the formative stages of development ensure product manufacturability.
• Establish and maintain departmental specific procedures.
• Understand and implement world-class manufacturing standards, e.g., Continuous Flow Manufacturing (CFM), Total Quality Management (TQM), Just In Time (JIT), Lean.
• Establish financial requirements and maintain accountability of labor materials, e.g., waste and burden, to meet Cost of Goods Sold (COGS) initiatives.
• Work with Engineering to include process FMEA s (Failure Mode & Effect Analysis) process improvement, validation, line layout, RE establishment, and quality plan implementation.
• Initiate and lead quality and cost improvement efforts.
• Provide leadership to meet the challenges of diversity to move the process forward.
• Establish and maintain systems requirements, e.g., enterprise resource platform, material resource planning software, warehouse management systems, cost accounting system, and order management systems, as required for inventory accuracy and product traceability
• Direct and Control activities locally which support our commercial partners and provide a consistent customer experience.
• Capability to interact with customers, sales reps and sales directors routinely and provide reliable and accurate information. At times, work with managers to improve the processes flow of information and products.
• Enforce safety policies and procedures. Ensure that direct reports employ safe practices.
• Set standards for and recognize safe behavior and adherence to company safety policies and other safety precautions within the work area.
• Evaluate associate safety performance and ensure that safety is a part of each direct report’s evaluation.
• Other responsibilities may be assigned and not all responsibilities listed may be assigned.
• Environmental – Participate in EMS management structure toward implementation and maintenance of EMS including continual improvement; pollution prevention; objectives and targets; and regulatory compliance. Participate and support the ISO 14001 Certification and Regulatory Audit process. Implement and follow all applicable EMS procedures. Adhere to the site’s EHS Code of Conduct
MANAGEMENT & SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES
• Job is directly responsible for managing other employees (e.g., hiring/termination and/or pay decisions, performance management).
• Report to Workcell Manager
• Knowledgeable in the Process Excellence principles.
• Proven interpersonal skills.
• Demonstrated leadership in a complex environment.
• Strong oral/written communication skills.
• Project management fundamentals
• Knowledge of and experience with, EES and HCS information and management systems, including but not limited to, enterprise resource platform, material resource planning software, and warehouse management systems.
• Some level of proficiency with word processing software (Microsoft Word) and presentation software (PowerPoint) preferred.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
• Bachelor’s degree.
• Technical degree preferred.
• Experience of demonstrated leadership in manufacturing operations is preferred and may be required based on position level within job family.
• Experience to include, knowledge of process and equipment validation, inventory management, project management, and labor relations is preferred.
• Previous experience in supervision of production associates is desirable.
• 2-5 years’ experience with Bachelor’s Degree. 0-3 years’ experience with Master’s Degree.
• An individual at this level will have sufficient experience and training to coordinate manufacturing activities and motivate associates to achieve business results with little guidance.
• Knowledge and Experience with MES information including, but not limited to enterprise resource platform, and material resource planning software, and warehouse management systems.
• Strong proficiency with Microsoft Office - Word, Excel and PowerPoint required.
• Office deskwork, requiring sitting, walking, using the phone and computer
• When on the manufacturing floor, work requires mainly long periods of walking and standing. May need to bend, stoop and reach occasionally.
• May lift up to 30 lbs. occasionally.
• Maintain vision certification through the visual acuity testing/process.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access https://careers.jabil.com/ site as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to Always_Accessible@Jabil.com or by calling 1.727.803.7515 with the nature of your request and contact information. Please do not direct any other general employment related questions to this e-mail or phone number. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address and/or phone number.