Industrial Engineer SME I will be responsible for planning, designing, implementing, and managing; integrated, production and service delivery systems that assure performance, reliability, maintainability, schedule adherence and cost control within the production site. The Industrial Engineer SME I will adopt as its goals profitability, effectiveness, adaptability, responsiveness, quality,and the continuous improvement of products and services throughout their life cycles.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Project leader – direct and implement projects that will eliminate waste, through the standard Industrial Engineering process
o This will include but is not limited to: Complex Process Simulation, Operations Research and Business Model Cost Analysis
· Critically evaluate large scale work force utilization, facility layout, and operational data such as, but not limited to, production costs, process flow charts, and end to end value stream analysis, to determine efficient utilization and effectiveness of workers and equipment
· Verify Time standards prepared within IE Team
· Lead as Site Subject Matter Expert in all global & regional IE systems and applications (IEDB, MPT, PFC)
· Lead as Site Subject Matter Expert in all IE practices
· Communicate to regional team key Industrial Engineering metrics for assigned customer(s) and Site
· Drive the standardization SAP and Manufacturing Execution System configurations
· Prepare complex quotes for new proposed large-scale manufacturing within the Site o Includes, but not limited to, end to end line design, VA labor, DL and equipment sizing, capital, building infrastructure
additions, automation projects, etc.
· Support & Advise Business Unit Coordinators on process reliability and accuracy of process and project assumptions
· Drive process improvement related activities for New Product Introduction.
· Coach, mentor, and train engineers within the Industrial Engineering team
· Support and/or maintain all lower level Industrial Engineering essential duties and responsibilities
· Ensure the standardization of Jabil processes throughout the site in accordance with the global, regional and site direction
· Communicate, consult, and inform Site IE best practices with supporting data to Regional and Global IE teams
· Support the Lean organization by developing a solid process foundation and data integrity in order to support process improvement through the organization
· Comply and follow all procedures within the company security policy.
· May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned
MANAGEMENT & SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES
•Typically reports to Management. Job is directly responsible for managing other employees (e.g., hiring/termination and/or pay decisions, performance management).
· Key Requirements:
o Understanding and application of broad range of industrial engineering tools (ie. Work measurement, simulation, process mapping, facilities and workstation design, operations research, etc.)
o Understanding of Jabil’s global strategies and direction
o Understanding of site’s facilities, capabilities and how they tie back to the Jabil strategies and direction
o Strong financial and analytical ability:
o Proven record of accomplishment of successful change management accomplishments, implementing and
management continuous improvements and cost reduction programs o Strong communication skills
· Knowledge and understanding of Health and Safety standards & requirements
· Understanding of Quality Systems applied to internal manufacturing processes
· Proficiency in use of personal computers, Microsoft Office products, Microsoft Visio, Microsoft Project, and AutoCAD skills required.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
· Degree in Industrial Engineering or Manufacturing Engineering required
· MS in Industrial Engineering or MBA preferred
· Lean Masters Certificate or Six Sigma Bronze required
· Minimum 8 years of working experience in the Industrial Engineering or related field
· Or an equivalent combination of education, training or experience
If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access https://careers.jabil.com/ site as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to Always_Accessible@Jabil.com or by calling 1.727.803.7515 with the nature of your request and contact information. Please do not direct any other general employment related questions to this e-mail or phone number. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address and/or phone number.