The Manager Program Management - Facilities assists in the management and direction of activities in the Program Management function. Works as a direct interface to the customer in support of shared or customer directed assets. Supports company-wide programs through co-workers and site level subject matter experts. This role helps drive the implementation of program management strategies and project execution, ensuring customer satisfaction and program success.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Support activities of the Program Management function.
- Advise subordinates in the more complex phases of their work.
- Monitors resources and assists with coordinating the work flow of identified projects.
- Manages the delivery of quality products on time, within budget and with competitive features.
- Oversees the progress and activities of one or more Program Teams, issuing regular reporting, managing individual programs on an as needed basis.
- Communicates with key customers to understand their needs, preferences, and perspectives. Ensures that the customer’s perspective is fully considered in the course of development of programs.
- Leads a team to achieve timely, within budget results, with products and processes that meet or exceed requirements.
- Clearly articulates program status to senior management and develops creative approaches to address program challenges.
- Establishes project strategy, executes the plan and measures results.
- Leads project planning and commitment process.
- Provides valuable input to senior management on making decisions regarding the appropriate risk when there is substantial program impact.
- Maintains project transparency through formal, written communications and reporting status systems.
- Anticipates opportunities for proactive solutions. Manage conflict situations to result in win-win outcomes.
- May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Minimum of five years management/technical experience in all aspects of facilities management including facilities engineering and associated skills.
- Knowledge of organization’s operating policies and procedures required
- Project Management Professional (PMP) or equivalent certification preferred
- Expert knowledge of organization’s culture and guiding principles
- Previous experience in manufacturing environment
- Prior experience in customer interface
- Strong operational and financial knowledge required
- Consultative skills (ability to understand true customer needs)
- Good communications skills
- Distinctive problem solving leader
- Should have the following personal characteristics: strong leader, professional, hard-charging, detail-oriented, reliable, calm under fire, creative, with a can-do attitude.
- Proficiency in use of personal computers, Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word and PowerPoint) and e-mail skills required
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s degree required (Mechanical Engineering or related discipline preferred)
- Minimum 5-7 years work-related experience required in a supervisory/management role and
- Minimum 3 years project management experience within a manufacturing, development or research environment preferred
- Or an equivalent combination of education, training and/or experience.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access https://careers.jabil.com/ site as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to Always_Accessible@Jabil.com or by calling 1.727.803.7515 with the nature of your request and contact information. Please do not direct any other general employment related questions to this e-mail or phone number. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address and/or phone number.