Develops new engineering designs ranging from basic to high complexity. Develops and communicates technical solutions to other engineers and business personnel, relying on experience and understanding of their field and acting independently except in the most complex cases. Drive cross functional project teams in solving technical problems and overcoming hurdles that may affect project timelines.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develops and validates embedded hardware design applications of a complex nature, with a concentration on Antenna systems
- Independently develops embedded hardware design utilizing standard tools
- Designs all aspects of electronic circuits with minimal supervision.
- Collaborate with system architects to review and clarify design requirements and architecture and translates them into design specifications.
- Circuit/Schematic design, component selection of analog and digital embedded systems
- Write and contribute to test plans, specifications Design, implement, and use test benches
- Tests, debug and validates designs, and manufacturing support
- Verification and measurement of performance of radio frequency devices and systems
- Independently assembles prototypes and validates proper functionality
- Works with and manages external component suppliers/manufacturers
- Communicates complex technical aspects of a project effectively to customers and collects incorporates feedback into design specifications.
- Identifies design innovations and potential patentable solutions.
- Collaborates on embedded Firmware design.
- Ensures proper documentation.
- May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
TECHNICAL KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Comprehensive knowledge (with limited complexity) of Industry or specific sector, regulatory and safety standards.
- Broad knowledge with limited complexity projects that have required one of more of Electrical Engineering Design specializations or competencies: Power supply Theory, Digital theory, Analog theory, RF Design, etc., with a concentration on RF background
- Antenna design and test background is highly desired
- Digital and Analog Electronics Design Experience
- Experience writing and designing to specifications and test plans
- Electronics Design Background, schematics capture, and simulation tools knowledge (Prefer: Ansys and Cadence Simulation Tool Knowledge)
- Experience with embedded systems, processor selection, various communication protocols, analog design, sensor design, low power design, audio technologies and display
- Experience in testing, debugging and validating designs
- Demonstrated use of key development tools and design standards: Component de-rating, DFMEA, oscilloscopes, multi-meters, simulation tools, etc.
NON-TECHNICAL KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Influence others and share best practices
- Effectively communicate with good understanding of English.
- Work as part of a global team
- Lead others in some aspects of technical tasks
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Creative, self-motivated, responsible, good team work spirit. Work independently with minimum supervision.
- Has ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Has ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Assess a project and articulating risk while developing project milestones.
- Develop projects in a stage-gate process (PLCQ)
- Mentor less experienced engineers.
- Participates in cross-functional design reviews and can lead some aspects of EE design reviews.
- Work as part of a global team
- Strong English language skills
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Electrical Engineering Degree (BSEE/MSEE or equivalent experience)
- 5+ years experience in embedded hardware design or other key competency
- Or an equivalent combination of education, training or experience.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access https://careers.jabil.com/ site as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to Always_Accessible@Jabil.com or by calling 1.727.803.7515 with the nature of your request and contact information. Please do not direct any other general employment related questions to this e-mail or phone number. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address and/or phone number.