Working under general supervision and instruction, performs a variety of moderately difficult assignments requiring judgment to resolve.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
Applies substantial understanding of the job, knowledge and skill to complete a wide range of tasks. Receives little work instruction on daily work and general instructions on newly introduced assignments:
- Troubleshoot to determine problems in non-functioning electro-mechanical or injection molding equipment used in the manufacturing process.
- Dismantle, adjusts, repairs and assembles equipment according to layout plans, blueprints, operating or repair manual, rough sketches or drawings/schematics.
- Uses test and diagnostic equipment to perform checkouts.
- Rebuilds manufacturing equipment as required.
- Perform scheduled preventive maintenance. Document maintenance as per program designation.
- Calibrate equipment using general and special purpose test equipment.
- Communicates with equipment suppliers regarding the repair of equipment.
- Maintain sufficient data to develop process improvement initiatives.
- May assist in the development of work procedures.
- May be required to source and purchase equipment parts.
- May maintain and store backup information for all critical production equipment software systems.
- May make recommendations regarding new or replacement equipment.
- May train employees in operation of machinery.
- May be required to work overtime or be on-call.
Education & Experience Requirements
- Associates degree in mechanical, industrial, electrical, or mechatronics engineering or equivalent work experience or training in related field.
- 5 - 8 years prior work experience in electro-mechanical or injection molding equipment in a manufacturing environment preferred.
- Or an equivalent combination of education, training or experience.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access https://careers.jabil.com/ site as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to Always_Accessible@Jabil.com or by calling 1.727.803.7515 with the nature of your request and contact information. Please do not direct any other general employment related questions to this e-mail or phone number. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address and/or phone number.