Business Process Analyst
Conduct business process analyses, needs assessments, and preliminary cost/benefit analyses in an effort to align information technology solutions with business initiatives.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Conduct inquiries pertaining to the development of new information systems to meet current and projected business needs.
- Write functional specifications of user needs for application development, enhancements, and testing.
- Analyze user requirements, procedures, and problems to improve existing systems.
- Manage process change
- Facilitate and Lead process design/redesign workshops
- Perform Job Shadowing
- Educate business users responsible for managing and operating business processes
- Monitor, measure and provide feedback on process performance
- Apply knowledge of business process modelling notations (BPMN, EPC, BPEL) to documenting processes.
- Prepare functional specifications.
- Prepare project plans and implementation schedules.
- Confer with organizational units involved to determine requirements.
- Maintain and develop documentation for responsible area.
- Maintain a thorough knowledge and in-depth field experience regarding emerging or job techniques required to fulfill the job, this could include formal or self paced professional development
- Prepare project plans and schedules.
- Provide status updates of assigned projects.
- Recommend/conduct training.
- Maintain positive relations with all employees encouraging them to suggest ways of improving IT systems.
- Serve as escalation point for troubleshooting issues.
- Maintain a good working relationship with customers and vendors.
- Ensure 100% adherence to all IT and department policy, processes and procedures.
- Participate in the exchange of ideas and information within the department.
- Ask questions; encourage input from team members.
- Provide regular updates to appropriate managers.
- Identify creative ways to reduce cost by streamlining processes and systems (i.e. modification of responsibilities or consolidation of tasks, elimination of non-value added processes, or complete re-engineering of processes and systems).
- Drive continuous improvement through trend reporting analysis and metrics management.
- Assure that procedures and work instructions are efficient and not redundant.
- Offer new ideas and suggestions for improvement. Identify and implement new practices and processes that are “best in field”.
- Demonstrate a commitment to customer service; anticipate, meet and exceed expectations by solving problems quickly and effectively; making customer issues a priority.
- Confer with reporting manager on complex or unusual situations.
- Establish new measurement systems if/where possible.
- Exchange knowledge and information with other Jabil facilities to ensure best practices are shared throughout the Jabil organization.
- Ensure 100% adherence to all company policies and procedures (i.e. Security, Health, Safety and Quality)
- Maintain discretion and confidentiality in all areas pertaining to data and proprietary information, whether internal to Jabil or customer specific.
- Interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
- Maintain discretion and confidentiality in all areas pertaining to the IT systems.
- Understand and embrace the business and IT strategic direction.
- Comply and follow all procedures within the company security policy.
- May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Thorough knowledge and in-depth field experience regarding emerging or job techniques required to fulfill the job
- Strong communications and customer service skills
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
- Proficiency in use of personal computers, Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word and PowerPoint) and e-mail skills required.
- Proficiency in Visual Modeling, Facilitation and Elicitation, Business Analysis and Relationship-Building.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor's Degree required.
- Degree in Business, Computer Science or Social Science preferred.
- Minimum 2 to 5 years work experience in a related position.
- Or an equivalent combination of education, training or experience.
- Lean/Six Sigma, BPM Certification (AIIM BPM Certificate), BA Certification (CBAP/CCBA, BCS BA Certification, PMI-PBA, etc). a plus
Regional Business Systems Analyst
Job Summary Conduct business process analyses, requirement assessments and preliminary cost/benefit analyses in an effort to align information technology solutions with business initiatives. Create detailed functional specifications for developers satisfying business needs. Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Analyze user requirements , procedures, and problems to improve existing systems
- Understand business concepts, processes, design solution and translate it to executable functional specification
- Lead gap analysis/requirement gathering workshops
- Drive application standardization during the analysis phase
- Collaborate with development team on the realization
- Write and execute test cases to ensure requirements are covered and solution is working correctly
- Coordinate user acceptance test with Subject Matter Experts
- Plan and execute implementation
- Develop and maintain documentation for responsible area (user guide, maintenance guide, etc.)
- Exchange knowledge and information with other Jabil facilities to ensure best practices are shared throughout the Jabil organization
- High level knowledge of the existing application landscape to identify best solution for specific use cases
- Participate in assessment of COTS solutions against our business requirements
- Understand and embrace the business and IT strategic direction
Education & Experience Requirements
- Minimum 3 years experience in a relevant IT position
- Ability to understand complex business problems and translate it to IT language
- Structured, process driven, pragmatic problem solver approach
- Good understanding of software development lifecycle
- Good influencing and communication skills
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field
- Good English skills both in writing and speaking
- Master’s Degree in Computer Science or related field
- Worked in an environment using Agile development methodology
- Application development experience
- A chance to get involved in international projects, new technologies and solutions
- Interesting and fulfilling work
- Opportunities for professional growth
- Attractive salary and excellent benefits
- A welcoming and inclusive environment
- Support in relocation
If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access https://careers.jabil.com/ site as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to Always_Accessible@Jabil.com or by calling 1.727.803.7515 with the nature of your request and contact information. Please do not direct any other general employment related questions to this e-mail or phone number. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address and/or phone number.