Will facilitate and lead assigned projects, programs and initiatives of high complexity applying project management and technical expertise to support the group and company strategy. Manage assigned projects through the various stages of development from concept through plant deployment. This includes developing SOW, business proposals, functional requirements, and technical alignment, project plans with milestones, financials, and implementation plan. Provide management and technical guidance towards successful collaboration with multi-functional groups and direct project team responsible for implementation of Jabil’s strategies. Provide accountability for strategy/project definitions, budgets, schedules, project management, escalations and performance requirements for the projects.
- Responsible for ensuring all of the program requirements and/or objectives are correctly gathered, understood and properly translated for execution.
- Build team(s) to address the individual project goals and objectives for multiple and/or worldwide projects.
- Collaborate with customer (internal or external) from requirements gathering through product acceptance.
- Communicate project objectives in terms of overall strategic business objectives.
- Align the program team to customer needs by establishing milestones, goals, and objectives based on input from all functional areas and stakeholders within the enterprise project.
- Review project schedules with functional project managers and project coordinators allocated to projects.
- Provide guidance and motivation to project teams to successfully achieve project goal, group strategy and corporate initiatives
- Serve as interface with customers, vendors, stakeholders and project sponsor(s)
- Devise creative solutions to critical customer and user needs.
- Responsible for recognizing project's Key Performance Indicators (KPI) and manage the work within scope, quality, time and cost constraints.
- Manage development of project plans with focus on achievement of project goals and corporate initiatives, including project specific Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) or metrics.
- Drive individual project managers to obtain and summarize current project information and milestone status versus project performance baseline. Responsible to ensure that project managers output is streamlined with overall program strategy.
- Drive project/program tasks to completion in accordance with the project schedule
- Coordinate the efforts of the team to develop an integrated project plan and risk analysis with action plans to mitigate the risks
- Support project managers in management of resource capacity and time tracking allocated to enterprise level project.
- Financial Management and analysis of costs for enterprise level projects and programs including Capital Expenditures Requests (CER’s) travel, training, resources allocation and other project related costs.
- Responsible for forecasting program budget and HR needs for current and future site needs and ensuring this through the individual projects.
- Accountable for overall program and individual project success - including cost, schedule, quality, and scope management.
- Balance the cost, schedule and time frames against the enterprise level project requirements
- Report project status, issues and implemented solutions as well as evaluations and assessments of the results
- Provide leaders with updates, including greatest opportunities for improvement
- Recognize potential problem areas against the plan and identify and implement alternative solutions
- Identify best cost solutions to reduce cost by streamlining processes and systems (i.e. modification of responsibilities or consolidation of tasks, elimination of non-value added processes, or complete re-engineering of processes and systems).
- Provide key stakeholders with regular project performance status, variances to plan, and identification of corrective actions (if required).
- Participate in the exchange of ideas and information within the department and with other Jabil facilities to ensure best practices are shared throughout the company
- Drive continuous improvement through trend reporting analysis and metrics management
- Demonstrate a commitment to customer service; anticipate, meet and exceed expectations by solving problems quickly and effectively, making customer issues a priority
- Coach others through difficult decision making situations
- Design and facilitate training related to implementation of enterprise initiatives
- Engage and collaborate with customers within Jabil to obtain greater understanding of and evaluate
- Drive relevant, concise and effective communication through a variety of mediums
- Design clear and consistent messages for a variety of diverse audiences, ensuring relevance and effectiveness of delivery
- Working closely with communications, stakeholders , and management to stay informed of important company information to evaluate and measure program effectiveness and impact on the business
- Adhere to all safety and health rules and regulations associated with this position and as directed by supervisor and encourage others to do the same.
- Comply and follow all procedures within the company security policy and encourage others to do the same.
- May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access https://careers.jabil.com/ site as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to Always_Accessible@Jabil.com or by calling 1.727.803.7515 with the nature of your request and contact information. Please do not direct any other general employment related questions to this e-mail or phone number. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address and/or phone number.